Storms and Ear Wax

 We were definitely fortunate to have not suffered from the storm. Only rain and some wind. Not even a loss of power. I feel very blessed!

Today is the first "nice" day since the storm. I noted that the rain made the grass shoot up and hoped I would find a reserve of energy to mow it. But first we had to trek up to our doctor's office.

You may recall my frequent complaints of not being heard by HeWho wears hearing aids. It has been my battle cry for him to go to an audiologist who could fit him with hearing aids that would actually work. He says it is too expensive. Does he not realize that actually hearing what people say is priceless and would vastly improve his quality of life, not to mention mine!

He says the current hearing aids "used to work better". Well, then let's get a new pair! See, I am a problem solver. He has been complaining for the last couple of weeks that his right ear is clogged up. So, just guess what he decided to use to clear the ear after he slept with Debox in his ear? A Q-TIP! Never put anything in your smaller than your elbow. This is the advice from one of my unstructors in Nursing School. Not very likely that anyone EVER followed that. We are all guilty of that Q-tip in our ear when it is itching. Probably?

If you already have a back-up of ear wax and are trying to get it out, don't shove a Q-tip in your ear! Common sense, you would think. He looked like he was trying to push that wax through his ear drum when I yelled at him. Yes, I yell at him! Otherwise he wouldn't hear me. So I made him put the drops in his ear to loosen up what must be as hard as a brick. Then I removed the tiniest bulb syringe I have ever seen. I mean, I understand downsizing, but I was doubtful I could get enough pressure behind the water to wash anything out. I tried and tried, but could not get any results. So today we went to have his ear washed out. 

I am so happy that the volume on the TV is reasonable now. I did manage to mow all my areas of grass and now I feel like I could sleep for the next 12 hours. Should I just buy his TV hearing aids myself? That would make a wonderful gift for our anniversary, right?


Comments

  1. You are certainly blessed with the absence of the hurricane. Everyone I know that has quality hearing aids raves about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been wondering if y'all were ok. Glad to hear you guys weren't washed off the mountain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retired!

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth