Still Here

I am still here, despite the weather that skirted around us. I have been getting my gardens bedded down for the winter. Building structures to contain the delicate plants and harvesting the last of the beans. Also collecting annual seeds from those plants that have, so far, refused to succumb to the cold night air. 

It is also that time of year when all the annual check-ups come due. First we have the blood drawn, then return for the report. Mine was good, just a little off on my kidney funstion, so now I am taking another drug, allopurinal, to prevent gout. Having lived through two attacks, I didn't object to another pill to swallow. I will admit that the second attack was a lot milder that the first. Maybe because I recognized the symptoms early and started dring cherry juice right away. My favorite chaser is apple juice. Simply Juice, it looks brown in the bottle, but the taste is fantastic. Reminiscent of biting into the perfect tree ripened apple. I deserve a kick-back from that company!

Meantime, HeWho is apt to forget his appointments, despite the reminders had to be rescheduled. In his defense, he has been very busy building a new front porch. The railing was showing signs of wood rot, so since we had to replace the porch, we decided to enlarge it from 5'X6' to 8'X12'. 

This left me with a perfect opportunity to harvest some sod before the build began. I have been struggling to get grass to grow in some bare spots, so problem solved. My back and neck and knee did not appreciate my efforts and I was down for several days. It was still quite warm when I scaped up my sod and reloacated it, so not being able to get out there and do what I wanted. Now that it is approaching the freeze point, those old pains are back with a vengeance.

I am building a small front porch on the She Shed with pallets. HeWho helped me level it and get the blocks set, I still need to get the decking in place, then will need some railing to finish it off. It is not big at all and 6 eight foot decking boards will cover it. Just big enough for a small chair or bench to take a break on. It will have a gate on it to contain my Charming Eddie who loves to go up there with me. He can bask in the sun and have the freedom to come inside and check on me as much as he likes. 

Eddie just likes to be close to me. He will not wander far and come right back when I call his name. Sometimes his stubborn streak kicks n and he will simply sit and stare at me until I pick him up and carry him back inside. Eddie is no light weight, he is supposed to be a mini doxie, but is most definitely not! He weighs oaround 25 lbs and moves at his own pace, rarely in a hurry. While I would love to let him follow me all day, I am still afraid of the two roaming pitbulls that killed my cat. Eddie would be no match for the pair and could never outrun them.

We had to cancel our trip at the beginning of the month, thanks to Helene. I am okay with that, being a homebody and now we are packed and ready to leave at any time. I am still waiting for a new laptop. This one is literally falling apart. I was hoping to wait it out until we went to Minnesota so my son could help me get exactly what I need. 

Thanks to all of you who have emailed or messaged me on Facebook to check in on me. I am fine, no damages from either storm ...... just achy muscles and joints and feeling sort of blah.

Comments

  1. Achy and 'blah' are great compared to what could have happened.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retired!

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth