Let Me Fix That For You

 Although the hurricanes spared us, we are still having some issues with packages and mail. Most everything goes through Asheville, so that is just a slight bother and totally expected. We use Ingles Pharmacy, also based in Asheville and could not get refills, but a call to our clinic had them calling in to another pharmacy, so another slight, unavoidable delay.

But my current and growing irritation is with Chewy. We have been here for three years and the first time they delivered my auto order to our old address wasn't such a big deal. They have good prices and deliver for no additional charge, so why not let them take care of it? Since that first time they have delivered to the old address two more times. I was not happy and I suggested that they simply remove the old address from my profile. I have suggested that too many times, but so far they seem to be unwilling or unable to do so.

I got notification of delivery last week, but no package. I waited a couple of days, knowing that the packages could be caught up in the shipping system after the hurricane. I am not dumb enough to assume anything when I order stuff. I checked the delivery address BEFORE I completed the order and saw that it was wrong. I tried to change it myself, failed and called the "help" line. I explained the issue to the person on the other end of the call and he said he saw my current address and would change that for me "no problem" said the friendly voice in my ear. So, imagine my surprise when I scrolled down the "your package has arrived" email to see the address in Missouri.

My dogs were almost out of food and I was expecting the order to be shipped to the correct address since I had taken the time to call and make sure. So, I called again. I explained that I had called before I placed the order to make sure it would go to the correct address and the man apologized profusely and said they would ship again at no extra fee. Wait, what extra fee? I didn't screw the order up, they did!

And guess what? I just got that notification that the package had arrived and they sent it to the old address AGAIN! Back on the phone, I went over the facts of the matter with a girl chewing gum (well, she does work for Chewy, so I suppose it is okay). She said, "No problem, let me fix that for you." I told her to issue my refund and cancel my order. I even suggested she obliterate my profile since I was no longer ordering from them. She tells me the refund has been issued to my credit card, then ....... asks me what else she could do for me.

So many comebacks were whirling in my mind. Not nice ones either. I hung up.

Comments

  1. Nobody seems able to do a job right these days. They'd rather blame the people who expect them to do their job, or their "system," or the people who set up their system, etc. Somewhere along the line, somebody is incompetent, but still employed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister has quit them, too. Too may mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What horrible customer service! Wonder what happened to the packages sent to Missouri?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retired!

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth