Overtaken By a Fit Of Cleaning

 When we left off yesterday, I was extolling the virtues of the needy patient in my house. But, enough of that.

While strolling the grocery store and becoming quite appalled at the prices, but stopping to indulge in free samples I met a nice lady at the cheese cube samples of some very good gouda. It should have been for $11.99 lb.! I met more that just one person, mind you, I do have the gift of gab. But this lady was so entertaining. We chatted and decided to exchange phone #'s to meet up later for breakfast this week.

What do you want to know about her? People like to tell me stuff. She lives in South Georgia quite close to where we once lived. She likes to camp (RV, not tent) and likes Jekyll Island (we once lived there!!). They have a place on Lake Chatuge as their getaway plave and had a blow out on their boat trailer on the way up.

When I got home to the patient, I told him I met someone and wanted a divorce. He didn't bat an eye at my proclamation, just asked what she was like. The epitome of conceit, he knew it was not a man. I am so predictable. I suppose everyone my age is.

Upon his great awakening at noonish, I was done with my outside activities and hungry. I decided to heat up some leftover roast beef, potaoes and carrots. I told him he should eat something and suggested that perhaps the potatoes would be bland enough. But, he wanted a biscuit. I recalled that the DOCTOR had said biscuits without the sausage would be okay. I had some frozen biscuits and popped a few in the oven. He was, no doubt thinking I would whip up some of the home made variety. I had other things on my mind and was tired and hungry. Those frozen biscuits were not great.

I had made him take his antibiotic with a bottle of Ensure earlier, assuming the amoxicillan might irritate his belly. I suppose I was right because he was suddenly able to drive himself to the hospital to pick up his prep solution and change his appointment time to 10:30 instead of 8:30!

While he was gone and out of the way I decided to do a deep clean in the living area. You know, move all the furniture and dust each and every thing, sweep, vacuum, sweep again and mop. I was exhausted when I finally finished. It was so satisfying to shower and then sit down on a clean slip cover and cuddle with Eddie while I watched TV. Tomorrow I want to tackle the bedroom and remove the drawers from under the bed and flip the mattress. Sounds like fun, don't you think?

He returned before I was finished and was banned to the bedroom with a pile of papers and crap that he piles on the table next to his chair. I also provided a trash can for his use. He was left with about 10% of what he started with. Most of it was trash and junk mail and I could have done it myself, but it was his crap!

While moving furniture in a small space such as mine things tend to happen. I was pulling the vaccum along to be able to reach the vent over the air return and suck all the accumulated dog hair off and that is when it flipped over and hit the edge of the very full water dish for the dogs. It hit it just right on the edge and the bowl flipped into the air and water cascaded down everywhere. On me, too. I felt like I might have transported into an episode of the Three Stooges. All three dogs stood stock still watching it happen before escaping quickly into the bedroom.

It would have been truly funny if it had happened to someone else!


Comments

  1. You not only deep cleaned, you entertained...and just couldn't wait for that shower! Glad you did something that pleases you with the results. The three dogs can stand in for the Three Stooges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the dogs didn't laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The vent amused me, too. Glad it wasn't me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm new to reading your blog. I've read back a bit now...I kinda feel like our dh's are related ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you love it when you meet a stranger and find that they aren't really a stranger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retired!

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth