A Visitor Came By While We Were Away

 Try though I might, I still can't download pictures, so I will use my words. Mr. BoJangles was an excellent traveler this trip with no car sickness. He waited patiently to be leashed before going out and was just over-all a very good boy. Eddie was himself, stuck to my side when I was there and crying when I left. Toni was her old lady self. Waiting impatiently for the leash to be hooked to her collar, stepping on the edge of the dog's food dish and causing the dry food to fly into the air and all over the camper. Bo rushed to try to eat it before I could get it all swept up. I think he was trying to cover for Toni Louise.

Remember way back in the days of my kampground kapers when I injured my left shoulder by pulling the push mower with my left arm while driving the golf cart?  Yes, I did realize that it wasn't the best idea I ever had, but I had many time constraints and had too many tasks awaiting my attention. Anyhow, I didn't seek medical care ... I didn't have time! Besides, I thought I had just pulled a muscle in my shoulder and I did, but I also tore my rotator cuff.

Skip to the future and on the trip my shoulder ached incessantly. A hurt you can't touch. Nothing eases it. I tried topical remedies, tylenol, ibuprofen, heat and ice. I thought I might have slept on it wrong, but that would have gone away by now. Of course that did not stop me from digging and hauling 10 five gallon buckets of soil to my newest garden. I planted all my bulbs that I ordered and found some plants on clearnance at Walmart that I filled in with, then mulched it. I am paying for it now!

When we left to head south, we drove without stopping overnight. Only about 7 1/2 hours, but tiring nonetheless. We stopped on the way home, so I didn't think HeWho drives was that tired. He was backing the RV into the carport and hit the third leg that holds the thing up. It is bent a little and the RV is scratched a bit. I was busy trying to stream line the unloading of the RV when HeWho called me to "come see this".

I figured he was going to show me what the hit to the Rv did, but he was standing next to his truck. "Do you see it?" he said to me and pointed to some sand stuck to the passenger window. I must have looked confused because he said "look harder". It was a huge bear paw print! That bear had to be about 6 feet standing up from where the print was. The paw was bigger than my husband's stretched out hand. We started inspecting the truck and it looks like he tried to get up on the hood. Another print on the opposite side of the truck and more on the rear window (we have a cover on the bed). That bear really wanted to get in the truck!

So, we had a visit from a bear in our absence. The truck was locked, of course, but the bears in my woods are smart enough to move bungee cords to the side and open trash can lids. I pictured a bear sitting in the truck watching us as we went back and forth unloading the stuff that had to come in. I wasn't afraid in the light of day, but there is nothing outside that needs my attention in the dark!

Comments

  1. So sorry about your shoulder. A friend walked past the other day and was wearing a sling, and I looked questioning at her, and she just said "rotator cuff." I have no idea what she had had done, and we haven't run into each other again. And I'm also sorry your photos won't post. Bad bad blogger! Hope that Mr. Bear stays away since he didn't get into the truck to see how it drove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your shoulder, but glad Bo was a good boy.

    Maybe HeWho left some of his gum in the truck, that might have attracted the bear? I was going to say how happy I am that we don't have bears around here... but we DO! Several sightings over the past six months. It's a new thing. Like when we started seeing armadillos fifteen or twenty years ago. But at least they are mainly smashed on the roads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never encountered a bear and have no desire to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I'd want to live somewhere where big bears come to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retired!

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth