Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Mo .....

 This morning was so nice, 69 degrees with a nice breeze. Perfect to work outside. It is only 81 right now and I would still be outside if not for the noise.

I spread 10 bags of mulch and then went on to cutting down more small dead pines. I was in my happy place when suddenly I hear a helicopter. A helicopter with a saw balde hanging down to cut the trees along the path of electrical wires on the roads.

It was in the distance, just a buzzing annoyance. We ordered a pavilion topper for the deck and it arrived yesterday during the rain. I called HeWho was still abed and he came out to the nice cool weather to assemble the contraption.

I helped carry all the parts up to the deck and unwrap all the packaging, not wanting to chase it in the wind to properly dispose of it. He is single minded and it would not occur to him to bag it as he went.

I went back to my chore of raking and trimming trees when the noise got louder and suddenly I could see the huge blade swinging down over the trees on our road. The whirling blades of the copter was loud enough, but the sound of the saw cutting the treetops was like a screech.

I came inside. Toni Louise was terrified. Bo and Eddie were in their favorite spots, napping peacefully. At least I am done with mulching until next year. I ventured a little ways into the woods and dug up some young ferns and transplanted them in my heavily shaded areas of my gardens along the road. All the while wondering why I hadn't thought of the fern before. They will spread and mingle with hosta and prevent soil erosion into the ditch.

I purchased some liriope from a man on marketplace last year. We met at the McDonalds and I was disappointed with the quality of the young plants, but figured with a little TLC, they would spread and cover a good bit of ground. I am still disappointed, they are no bigger than last year. They look sad and I wouldn't be surprised if I found them withered and dead one morning. I won't be buying form that man again. He has lots of ads on marketplace with healthy looking plants, but now I don't trust him.

I suppose I can get supper ready and by then the helicopter with the wicked blade should be gone. Or I could shower and take a nap before I need to prepare supper. Eeny, meeny miney, mo .... looks like I will have a nap!

Comments

  1. Shame about the liriope. I don't know much about them; perhaps they are specific to their home soil. I once had a poppy that refused to be transplanted, though it didn't go belly up until the third new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always makes me sad when I lose a plant. I had a peace lily for over 20 years that I failed to put inside before a freeze. Felt so guilty!

      Delete
  2. I've never seen a helicopter with a saw. Somebody around here would probably shoot it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so loud and they left a huge mess in their wake. They are suposed to clean it up after they cut it, but most of the stuff is on the roadside. They did pick up the stuff blocking traffic and ground it up (or is that grinded?). But the biggest part is left in the ditches and along side the road.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retired!

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth