I Am Mighty!

 

One more try for the blanket flower. I have planted live plants and seed, hoping for it to spread. Every year it dies. Not sure why, in spite of all the gathering of tips and doing everything I read, I just can't seem to make it live. I plan to ignore this one and see what happens. The butterflies are happy to feed on this plant.


The pontoon has been welded and all the holes gone. It looks like you could open it with a giant can opener! Still waiting for the engine check. The man is on vacation and should be back today. Of course, had the man with the seriously nagging wife had listened ......

Anyhow, the days seem to be flying by with garden chores taking up most of my time. Every morning is so nice and it is easy to be outside, but the afternoon sun will send me inside to rest. It has rained very afternoon for awhile and the rain passes quickly, leaving the outdoors hot and sultry.

Now that the deck is done, HeWho has moved on to other projects. He spent an entire day packaging the lawn roomba up to be returned. He finally got the thing to hold a charge and set the navigation parameters. The slightest of obstacles would bring it to a standstill. It was useless for what he wanted it to do. His riding mower is back and he has been mowing with that one, while he wasted so many hours playing with the other one. It was $1500! I am glad he withheld payment. Had he consulted his nagging wife, she would have pointed out all the pitfalls of the lawn roomba. He has a riding mower, it's not ike he is pushing a mower in that giant leech field!

I did say the deck is done, but the steps up leave a lot to be desired. There are some tripping hazards and different sizes of steps. I step very carefully going up and down. He keeps talking about what he needs to do to "fix" the steps. Talk is cheap, you know! My one suggestion is that he use the level! I have moved on with landscaping around the deck.

We had to take down some trees that were dead, so I have been salvaging the wood. Scraping the bark and then using the bark to mulch. I feel so noble when I do that! I will be using the scraped poles to rebuild the handrail on the steps that I built. Mine are pretty level, if I do say so myself. My old handrail was rickety, but the new one should be a lot sturdier.

I was looking at more dead trees and decided to use the loppers to cut the top of one of the trees and when I cut it, the entire tree came loose in my hand! I pulled a tree up! I must be mighty!

Comments

  1. To his credit, HeWho seems to have more energy since his health scares.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does! I don't think I realized just how sick he was until his heart attack and all the problems that followed. I am happy he is feeling so much better!

      Delete
  2. Heh, heh! I can picture you shaking that uprooted tree over your head in victory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the tree was dead, so maybe I am not as mighty as I think!

      Delete
  3. at 9 am it's already 84˚. yard work has to be done before 8 or after 7. I don't get up that early and 7 is too close to dinner time. so now yard work has to wait until fall. mostly all I do inbetween is water the pots and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wake up cold in the morning and then come back in when the sun begins to make it uncomfortable. We have been lucky so far this season and the air conditioner isn't even on! You need to take care of you for awhile, it will still be there when you fully recover!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Retired!

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth