Gout, Day Three

 My research was informative and confusing. I just took the suggestions that everyone agreed on and chose those. The number one suggestion was tart cherries. Tart cherries are sometimes hard to find, so I opted for the juice and mixed it with pineapple juice. Pineapple juice was way down on the list of possible remedies, but I needed it to make the cherry juice palatable. It was soooooo tart!

I will be eating salads for the rest of my life! Sugar is bad, as well as kidney beans. That was a surprise, the kidney beans. Bananas are good in moderation (sugar content) and so are apples. I love both, so that is good.

HeWho has been waiting on me hand and foot .... literally! Helping a bit too much. He decided I had placed the ice pack wrong and decided to move it for me. Let me just say that the weight of the bedsheet causes pain. Having had gout himself, he should have known not to drag the ice pack over my toe!!

I was starting to feel guilty that he was tending to my every need, then remembered the last year that had me taking care of him after his various surgeries. Despite that, I hate not being able to get around when I want to and am bored out of my mind!

The bathroom fixture holding the fan and extra light is fully installed and it works! A new light fixture has gone up in my She Shed. He even picked up dog poop! I think I should be disabled more often!

I thought about going to the clinic, but the mere thought of navigating the steps, then up a slope to my car was intimidating. 

HeWho has gained momentum from my confinement! He has replaced the tires on my dump cart, built a ladder, finished the installation of the fan in the bathroom. I hardly saw the man yesterday! 

When he did come in to be close by for my shower he managed to track in some dirt on his shoes. I am barefoot and I cannot stand walking in sand on the floor. He did attempt to sweep, but did not get all the sand. Reminds me of a man I knew who would only mow the taller spots of grass in his yard. Then wanted to know why his yard never looked well groomed. Idiot, as Judge Judy would say!

I drank almost two quarts of water yesterday, as well as 24 ounces of the tart cherry juice. Peed all night. I knew my frequent trips to the toilet were a good thing, but the agony that accompanied each trip was exhausting. Made for a restless night, but I only took tylenol once. 

The pain has decreased significantly since yesterday. My foot turns purple when I stand and walk and I feel a lot of pressure under the toenail. Like it might suddenly fly off like a frisbee being tossed. The previous two days had me in pain even laying down or sitting with my foot on several pillows. The only pain now comes with walking or accidentally bumping my foot.

Eddie is my guard throughout this ordeal. He has managed to keep Bo and Toni away from my foot. Now if he will keep the man with the ice pack from adjusting anything I will have a relatively pain free day!

Comments

  1. Poor old toe, well, not that old actually. But certainly suffering more than she deserves. I think we take our toes for granted too much. When doing a guided imagery, and starting the relaxation process, I liked to begin with relaxing the toes, then the ankles...and on up the body. Sometimes I try to stand and pay attention to maybe the third toe on the left foot. It's a hard task. We just have lost our connection with those appendages, until they hit sometime or have evil spells of gout or arthritis trust upon them. Nope, I have no remedies to suggest, just do hope you find some books that catch your attention. I was out of commission this weekend and finished off a book in a detective series and started another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that relaxation exercise, too. The past two days were impossible with the pain being such a distraction. Today was better, but my arch will occasionally cramp and everything gets real, then! I "read" audiobooks from the library, so I am never without a book on my phone.

      Delete
  2. It's good that your pain has lessened. Maybe that tart cherry juice is doing its thing! If only you'd thought of this tactic before, imagine how productive HeWho might have been. Not the actual pain, just a pretend version for a couple days at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His productivity has lessened over the past two days and I want to see what he has done in my shed. I am worried ....

      Delete
  3. Here's to continued recovery (although like Val suggested maybe keep it on the down low from HeWho).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would be accomplishing something today when I got up, but I must have been a little too ambitious. The skin is still very tight and hot to the touch, but the pain has diminished significantly unless I bump that toe.

      Delete
  4. Just keep getting better. I like you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, damn.maybe you should fake being incapacitated more often except for the boredom part.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier