Everything Tastes Better On A Ritz!

Still not feeling like doing much of anything here. Going to the clinic tomorrow. The fatigue and constant headache is the most of it. The gout foot is still a little tender, but I can walk.

We had a day last week that just so nice that I took some green bean seedlings out to my garden and planted them. That was the only accomplishment of the day! Then I learned that it was supposed to get down to 22 that night. 

With great effort I gathered a bunch of plastic bottles with the tops cut off to make domes over the tender seedlings and then managed to muster up enough energy to put some plastic sheeting over the the plants and the strawberry plants that were starting to vine up the fence. Thank goodness for leftovers, because that was all I had in me!

HeWho had a birthday on Sunday and will be one year older than me for the next 4 months. He wanted ribs. I wanted a nap, but we went to Rib Country since he had a free half slab of ribs due him. Our server brought him his free dessert of a brownie covered with ice cream and chocolate syrup. She appologized that her fellow servers were too busy to come and sing. He was thankful they didn't.

Since then we have had overcast dizzly days that inspire me to nap more than I already do. I have been dozing after my coffee every morning, then scooping up my Eddie around 2 every afternoon for an hour of more napping. Some nights I am in bed by 8. Still tired all day long with a dull headache.

Feeling guilty about not baking a cake for the birthday boy and remembering seeing a Ritz Cracker cake recipe that Hoda had for her birthday. I checked my pantry and had all the ingredients, so I made a cake for HeWho today. 

While I went about the business of measuring and mixing, I browned some ground beef and thawed some tomato sauce I made last summer thinking ahead to feeding the man more than cake. The sauce made and the cake cooling, I sat down to rest. That was a mistake! I wanted nothing more than sleep! I made the cream cheese icing for the cake and thinking it must be time for supper, I cooked the ravioli and we were eating supper at 4!! I was looking forward to the cake.I liked the idea of the savory with the sweet and thought I was in for a really enticing treat.

I like Ritz, just like Andy Griffith did when he told us everything tastes better on a Ritz. I make marshallow creme sandwich cookies with Ritz. They are yummy! But, the cake was a bit of a disappointment.

It has been a struggle to stay away from my bed, but the news is over and it is now approaching 7:30. Close enough to 8, I am off to bed!!

 

Comments

  1. I can relate. I'm in the middle of a medical experiment that's putting me to bed early and waking me up too soon. Hope your issues resolve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame you put the effort into a blah cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, something about healing requires more sleep. Do give yourself that gift.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you feel bad, but glad you let HeWho have his free ribs and dessert. Too bad about your Ritz cake. The Pony had a positive covid test, but his symptoms sounded like the flu. Had a fever for several days, and a bad cough, and tiredness, and muscle aches. Took him about 2 weeks to get over it, and was still a bit breathless when returning to work. Then again, he walks 8 miles a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine a Ritz cake. Here we use Ritz for dips or just put cheese on them for party platters, but mostly it's the dips thing. French onion dip, seafood dip, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we haven't been going to bed early but we have been sleeping late. these overcast mornings don't wake us up. ritz cake sounds, well, horrible. we're have one last cold spell. at least I think it will be the last since April is right around the corner. down in the 40s at night which is not making my garden grow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth