Final Chapter!

 So, you may recall that the delivery did not happen on Tuesday, but was supposedly changed to Thursday. I was skeptical. I was right to be skeptical. HeWho patiently waits on hold, was told that the stove had yet to arrive from Atlanta. They were unaware that he had been notified by text that the stove had arrived in Murphy the day before ad was ready for pick up.

When he confronted the store manager with this bit of information, the excuses began once again. The delivery truck was already out for the day and nothing could be added. The stove did not arrive before 6am and therefore could not be added to the day's deliveries. Judge Judy is apt to tell a witness that if you tell the truth, you don't have a need to remember what you said earlier.

Finally, HeWho has had enough! He told the liar on the other end of the phone to cancel the order and refund our credit card. I was listening and can tell you I have never heard such relief in a man's voice as the liar's had. HeWho told me to order my stove from Home Depot. 

Well, "told" is mild, he sort of barked the order. No, I did not take offense at being commanded. I know how to pick my battles. I did as I was told and while doing so witnessed Stove#4 rushing towards the door. "What are you doing?" says the obedient wife to the angry man. "Taking the stove back to Lowes!"

No reasoning with him to let them come get their own stove. Anger drove him to muscle it out the door and down the steps and into the back of his truck. Wow, I have not seen the man move that fast since before they fixed his legs! He did offer to let me go with him, but I declined.

Home depot won't be delivering my stove until Tuesday. I currently have a gaping hole in my kitchen. I was at least able to use the cook top, just no oven. By now I am a pro at finding alternative ways to prepare food. Today's meal will be smoked meat, scalloped potatoes in a crockpot (I have two) and salad. I am so impressed by HeWho finally realizing that Lowes was toying with us because I had the audacity to complain ..... there just might be bread pudding in the remaing crockpot!

This chapter of the many stoves of Lowes is the last!

Comments

  1. What a hot mess this has been, here's hoping that Home Dopey will be better, they certainly can't be any worse. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope runs deep ...... At the very least, I have learned how to cook without a stove! Inconvenient, but doable!

      Delete
  2. And they all lived happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed! I have learned to appreciate appliances!

      Delete
  3. O M G!! What a horrible episode of inconvenience in your lives! There definitely needs to be publicity about it somewhere. THIS store is BAD for appliance orders!! I'm so glad things are finally changed around to another store. And yes, fingers and toes crossed that your stove comes just fine and can work just fine. In the meantime, you're a great pioneer woman dealing without having a real stove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have been using my big mouth to complain everywhere I go and have heard similar stories about Lowes. Knowing I am not the only one is no comfort!

      Delete
  4. Amazing how adrenaline can provide strength we didn't know we had! I remember similar issues with Lowes years ago when they were installing our storm door. But. Good luck with HD. The big problem is the fact that the stores don't provide the installation. They use middlemen. We had a nightmare trying to have flooring installed by Home Depot. Finally gave up, got a refund, and went to a small company. You will REALLY appreciate having a stove. It won't be taken for granted. Look forward to reading about the wonderful meals you cook on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems the longer this goes on the more stories of horrors pop up! I am looking forward to simple pleasures of cooking a meal without climbing to upper cabinets to retrieve small appliances!

      Delete
  5. I so hope this final transaction is final!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you have a fully installed operational stove to be happily cooking on very soon . This mess has gone on far too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since it was intended to be my Christmas present, I hope so, as well.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with Lowe's. we bought our washer and dryer there (won't shop at Home Depot because they support Trump) and had no problems. it arrived promptly when they sid and they brought them in and hooked them up and hauled the old ones out to the driveway. would have hauled them away but they wanted $40 each for that service. instead we had a metal scavenger come get them for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan of that $40 fee to haul the old appliances away. You know they will benefit from it somehow and could forego the fee as a courtesy. My old range still works fine except for the oven. I think it just needs a new thermostat and will put in on marketplace for $25, unless we find someone who is in need of a stove and will just give it away.

      Delete
  8. Hope to hear that you're cookin' with gas on Tuesday night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my cousin was apt to say to her sister, "you ain't the onliest one!"

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier