Who Needs A Stove?

 The new stove ..... still waiting! No, I am not kidding. How long does it take to get a new stove? Let's see, the first delivery had a broken igniter and they picked it up last Saturday.

On Tuesday the scheduled delivery of another one did not appear. Yesterday, Thursday, it finally showed up after many calls. They say they could not find our address and HeWho had to saty on the phone and direct them here.

After having to help get the last one into the house, I told him to make sure they brought it inside. I retired to the bedroom with all the dogs to assure they would not be underfoot. I could hear them and assumed my instructions were being followed. I was wrong. HeWho was trying to get the stove up the step and into the house himself and needed help. The only help available was me.

While on our Christmas trip, I shut the RV door on my left thumb. It is still very tender and I will lose the nail. It is ugly and sore. Yesterday, while trying to help lift the stove over the threshold, I managed to get my right pointer finger under the stove and smashed it. Already disfigured from arthritis, it is swollen and painful.

And this new stove? Still had to be converted the LP and after changing all the burners, except one, with the kit provided, HeWho discovered that the last one had stipped threads and try, though he might, it could not be removed. 

Delivery #3 is scheduled for next Tuesday. I am hoping the third time is a charm. It was relatively warm yesterday, so HeWho used the smoker his wife gave him for Christmas. 

We have a turkey breast and a pork loin smoked and ready to eat. So that will be what we eat until we get another go at installing a stove. Thank goodness for the microwave, the toaster and the electric skillet. The intsantpot and slow cooker await on the counter. Who needs a stove?

At 8am they texted HeWho was asleep and let him know they had finished their last delivery and were headed our way to pick up the 2nd defective stove. They have to pick up the old one and return it to the warehouse before delivering a new one. Seems like a waste of fuel and muscle to me when they could deliver and pick up at the same time, but who am I to think about wastefulness?

It is now 11 am and the impending pick-up is still waiting. Too bad HeWho doesn't have an appointment to keep, because I would enlighten them about wasting MY time and ask for a full refund and go somewhere else to purchase a stove, since I am unhappy with already having 2 defective ones delivered, still in the box. We have reached the point of ridiculous. The salesman assured me they had not had problems with the stoves. Hisense. Don't buy it. Hisence, don't buy that brand, no matter how good the deal is. I just convinced HeWho to cancel the new stove.

Comments

  1. I am a believer that The Universe does not toss out these difficulties all willy-nilly. The returns of the stoves might have saved you from some major catastrophe, whether it be with the stoves themselves, or keeping you from being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not sure what your thumb and finger injuries are keeping you from...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was meant to be, because I got a GE that regular price was $859 for $599. It won't be here until Tuesday, but we saved money. The injuries have kept me from doing kitchen chores .... I relented to day, though. I am tired of eating out or take out and have the slow cooker working on a pot of vegetable soup with smoked turkey chunks in it. Smells wonderful and I don't have to go anywhere. Instead I can watch Netflix and watch the dreary skies outside.

      Delete
  2. I have a HeWho brother in law who must get/negotiate the gest deal in the universe on everything. The last was a two thousand dollar refrigerator, marked down from a lot more and the on sale floor model. When the freezer broke, a few months on, the necessary part was no longer in manufacture, so a whole new refrigerator was needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the Samsung fridge I received as a birthday gift. Lasted almost two years before the mother board rapped out and I was left with a giant brushed nickle box with three doors. The part cost more than the fridge itself, so I bought another one with no computer involved. The Maytag washer was replaced with one of those machines that used less water. Another computer part to deal with. I bought a basic washer to replace that. We grew worms in the fridge to sell for fish bait. Very expensive worm habitat!

      Delete
  3. My TV is a Hisense, already four years old and working very welll. People I know have Hisense TVs and fridges and they are all fine. The rejects must have been sent to your country. Buy a differenrt brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did buy another brand. Only two strikes for me to out that brand. You can get a bad product with any brand, but two in a row? Read my answer to Val and see what I happened upon.

      Delete
  4. Hisense and Samsung, as well as Maytag are on my no-buy list! During Covid lock down I had two freezers bite the dust and could not find parts or a new replacement. Seems nothing is made in America anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cow. two new stoves both defective. and why are you having to change from natural gas to LP? it should be done before they deliver it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They will not install gas ranges. They hire out the delivery and the delivery guys are clueless about LP vs natural gas. HeWho is knowledgeable about propane, so he is doing the changeover. I am sure it would be a liability issue for the delivery company. There is no natural gas line out in our area, so we have a big tank and the gas company fills it when needed, so we have to change it in order for it to work. Most sane people would simply call the gas company they are affiliated with and pay them to do it. I wanted to ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier