Stove # 4

 

The continuing saga of the stove I got for Christmas. Lovely as it is ..... it is still missing the oven door. The repairman was scheduled to come last Thursday, but was delayed until today. It will be yesterday when you read this. I had already posted today while waiting for the sun to burn bright and warm the day.

You may recall that I stopped the man with hammer as he headed for the stove to "fix" the problem. He made all the necessary calls to GE for the warranty and they contacted the repair facility they contract with. The man called and said he was on the way. I didn't move, as I was in the middle of a thought.

Still in my doxie pj's I heard the arrival and scurried to corral the canines and head to my bedroom to contain them and put clothes on. HeWho is not cognizant of his surroundings opened the door and let the man in. Much barking and sniffing ensued and the furry clad contingent seemed to like the intruder.

He was very nice, but appalled at the condition of the brackets for the oven door. When he said it was not fixable and would have to be replaced, the pajama clad woman came out of her hiding place and expressed her many thoughts about buying from Lowes and their delivery team they contract with. He said it looked like the man who removed the door did not push on the spring release before yanking the door off.

I wanted to cry, but got dressed and trudged up the drive to my She Shed sanctuary to finish my new layout. I was making great progress. I was even able to take all the screws out from my earlier efforts. This would not have been possible if HeWho had put the screws in place, as he tends to torque them in until the head of the screw is hidden in the hole he makes. Sometimes said screw is entirely stripped, as well. There is a reason I do not want his help ....

I moved everything into the new location, moving the peg board that holds all my cones of thread, mounting a shelf above the future location of my sewing machine and installing a light under the shelf. I was making great progress, totally absorbed in a James Patterson novel and the task at hand when my phone rang.

As soon as "what?" came out of my mouth (caller ID, you know), he said, "I have to go to Murphy and purchase another stove so that they can bring the new one when they pick up the damaged one."

I pointed out to him that they had yet to refund the first stove and another purchase would require another output of around $1000. That's three grand so far invested in an appliance I have yet to be able to use. Well, you know it takes about 10 days to process a refund says the man I married. I growled back that it had been more than 10 days.

Then he asked if I wanted to go with him. No, I do not want to stop doing something I am slap dab in the middle of. I asked if he really wanted me to accompany him and speak to the manager of the store and enlighten him about what I thought of his management skills.

He decided he would just go alone and handle things. Of course, I did not share the contents of the email I sent to Lowes. It was carefully edited so that I sound perfectly lucid and intelligent while I pointed out all their faults in customer satisfaction. 

I still don't have a stove with an oven I can use and February is upon us. I am not unreasonable in assuming that I should have a perfectly working stove by now!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh! That's absolutely the worst appliance story I've ever heard...and you're still in the midst of it! My fingers and toes are crossed that soon your stove will be in place and in working order. It does look pretty nice! Glad you're focusing on more productive things. Yes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned, it gets even worse. Lowes is now a very bad word here in our house!

      Delete
  2. If I was going through your kerfuffle, after there was a working stove in the kitchen I would not only send another email to the store and the corporate office (adding as many names and specific details as possible) and also put the information on as many social media accounts as I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard many reasons why one should not purchase a major appliance from Lowe's, and this tale adds yet another one to the pile. What a disaster, hope you get it sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next post gets even more frustrating! You are right to listen to complaints, wish I had. But we bought a fridge there with no problem. I liked the salesman, he was quite competent and didn't get impatient with us throughout the ordeal. I made sure the corporate office knew I had no complaints about Hector, he was simply following protocol set forth by Lowes.

      Delete
  4. Still no working oven? Someone somewhere needs a kick in the pants for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A kick in the pocketbook would be better! I did mention that I expected interest on my refund to corporate when I spoke to Tina. Also told her I would fire her if she worked for me, so I doubt interest will be forthcoming! Read the next post. I forgot to mention hat they offered a gift card in lieu of a refund for the fisrt $900!! WE declined.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier