Bath Time


Here is Dora in her freshly cleaned habitat. Her green and blue ball is supposed to float around, but it is too big for her habitat, like she is beginning to be. My search has not come up with one labels as a reptile habitat that is bigger than this one. I will need to explore the big aquariums and then customize it to her liking. She sleeps under the platform and that is referred to as a "hide". I can still see her, so I would say it is not big or private enough to be called a hide.


It has "steps for her to grab to reach the top. When she was tiny it proved to be a better challenge. Any higher in the current habitat she would be able to escape. Her water also needs to be deeper.


Dora is climbing over one of her fake turtle friends. She will later move it out of her way. She favors the green one next to her. I wonder if she might be a bully to a new live friend. I think she needs a companion and I have been looking for one. I wish I could happen upon one in the stream, like Dora was happened upon in the pool.



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. We found her in the Spring of 2021 while we were prepping the pool for paint. The guys thought she was a bottle cap untilthey suished her shell and her head popped out. Her colors were much more vibrant then. I stated taking care of her with absolutely no knowlegde of turtles. A deep dive into wikipedia and I went out and bought food and continue researching. Most of what I did at frst was just instinct, but it must have been right! I have always talked to her and petted her. She knows my voice,if not my face. She will most likely outlive me, but my youngest granddaughter has taken an interest in her and assured me she would take her.

      Delete
  2. turtles can live a long time. we had Big Mama for over 30 years before she managed to escape last spring. they get bigger and bigger. we ended up with a 500 gallon stock tank with a pond pump and filter to keep the water clean. now it just has water plants in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know she will outlive us, but I am afraid to put her outside. She would be a tasty snack for some wild animal. Since I have failed to find a bigger tank that is chep enough for me to buy,. I will just make one out of the biggest plastic tote I can find. I am still pondering how to install a plug.

      Delete
    2. Could you use a baby bath as a habitat?

      Delete
  3. Ooh! Dora and her home look squeaky clean! She sure has grown up to be a big girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a lot bigger than that tiny bottle cap baby! She has quite the appetite, too. Her water is already murky again!

      Delete
    2. Her Current Habitat is about the size of a baby bath.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier