Back To Normal, Whatever That Is!

 I am back! It was not a stellar ending of 2023. 2024 will bring new challenges, for sure. The first one finds me unable to download all the pictures I took in the last few weeks. Frustrated, I will temporarily give up and just use my words. My daughters would tell you that I use them too much, but they are cut from the same cloth as me (they wouldn't admit that if you paid them) and will share their opinions with you whether you want to hear them or not.

We had a pretty uneventful trip to Florida. I always remind HeWho drives NOT to give the dogs anything to eat before we depart on a trip. He has his morning routine, though and upon seeing him the dogs gather at the fridge where the treats of pumpkin, peanut butter and oats made by your truly await dispensing by him. Yes, Mr. BoJangles had a treat before jumping up the steps and into the RV.

As we wound through the mountain into Helen, he vomited. I had covered his area with a towel just in case, but he didn't stay put and managed to get a pillow, and two blankets that were over and under me. It was definitely pumpkin colored, though I did not sniff it for other ingredients. As soon as we were on straight roads and I could stand up, I gathered the mess and tossed it into the stairwell to be put in one of the outside storage areas upon stopping. It is always  just the first day of a trip that he gets motion sickness and I find that wierd! But Bo has proven to be a strange little guy from the very beginning when we adopted him at 5 weeks old. What other dog needs to suck on something when stressed? Well, besides my granddog, Max, who was also attained at 5 weeks old. I think they were weaned way too soon. In Bo's case, his mother tired of her little sucklings and refused to nurse them any longer. Max, I don't know anything about his mother. He was in a box of sweet tiny puppies headed to the shelter and I grabbed him up for my grandson.

We stayed in Lake Park, Georgia the first night. It was a lovely setting, with a huge pond and ducks everywhere. The brochure also said there were turtles and Dora was beside herself with anticipation. Well, I was for her, at any rate. We saw no turtles and our site was right on the pond with a nice little deck. I was disappointed, but I had bought some toys for her to play with, so there is that. Did you know that turtles like bright colors? They even enjoy watching TV. She now has a neon green and neon blue ball to roll around in the water and some fake plants. I ordered a rolling log for her habitat that is slowly getting crowded.

We arrived at our destination and I stayed at our daughter's lovely new home while HeWho drives checked in at the park we stayed in for the next three days. We really didn't care about the ammenities, since we spent most of our time at my daughter's home and even showered there. We decided not to tow my car, it was easy to just leave the site since our RV is small and park in the driveway. RVs are prohibited from overnight parking in her neighborhood. I also like bringing the animals with us so we can check on them frequently.

She has two dogs and Eddie and Toni would have been fine with them, but Bo has little man syndrome. He will challenge them and one of her's is a sweet pit mix, Gemma. I don't think she would have hurt him, but didn't want to take the chance. Max is getting older and was grumpy the entire time. Really indignant, because there was a new puppy!! A Frenchie, complete with puppy breath!! I was in heaven! Bruno is his name and he will be the most spoiled dog ever! We introduced him to my dogs. Bo screamed at him and his bristly hair stood on end. Tony was pretty indifferent, as she has been through many new animals coming into her life. Eddie sniffed him cautiously and didn't growl at him until we went for a walk with just him and tiny Bruno. Bruno wanted to play and Eddie was unsure of him still, and did not appreciate Bruno's attempts at friendship, or wandering into Eddie's path.

This house has been long in the making! There were living in a fifth wheel while they waited to get into the new house and ship their belongings from Minnesota. My daughter is not patient and I almost feel sorry for the builder, but they had delay after delay. The front door opens into the screened pool area. I would have gotten in to cool off on Christmas day (no, it is not heated, but I was), but had not thought to bring a swimsuit. It was December, after all!

Her home is so lovely. It shows all the thought and care she put into the design and materials. We had such fun with her and she was off work the next two days after Christmas and we had lots of time together. Yes, I have pictures .....

The day after Christmas my son had an accident and suffered a bad concussion that scared all of us. He is on the mend and I was ready to get home, unload, reload and hit the road again, but he told me he was in good hands. His wife took some time off to tend to him and they live with her son and daughter, so he was watched closely all the time. I still want to go up as soon as we can, but HeWho drives has a couple of appointments to be kept. He also hates driving in snow.

They had no snow in the twin cities for Christmas, but our home in the mountains did, but we were in Florida.

HeWho is always going to see a doctor had an appointment for a blood draw this morning and went alone. I figured he couldn't mess that up on his own. I had time to myself and tried to load pictures again and failed, AGAIN. I will regale you tomorrow with more travel news. Let's hope I can make the pictures appear. I know you all are longing to see them!!

Comments

  1. This makes me eager to see pictures of Dora with her toys! I hope your son is recovering from his concussion without too much pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures of Bruno and his squishy puppy face will steal all your attention! Dore is now eating from our fingers and has nipped me a couple of times! His habitat is getting too small and I am hoping to adopt another turtle to keep her company. She becomes more social every day. She sits on her basking area and tries to raise her head above the edge of her tank. If she hears my voice she immediately tries to find me. I never thought I would be a person who would love a turtle! Jeff is definitely on the mend. His wife and stepchildren are keeping him reigned in. I am glad we didn't go, since my BP has benn bottoming out every day. I lost more weight and am sure my Lisinopril dosage needs to be recalculated. I have a little energy in the morning, but after the meds kick in I am pretty useless! My daughter-in-law did not need another person to take care of!

      Delete
  2. We had such a nice time. They were about 20 for the holiday meal. We used to live in Tampa and Adrienne school friend has remained in touch with her, so she came with her family and extended family. Familiar faces and new faces. Too much food and a puppy to hold, I was in my element!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier