A Christmas Trip Is Coming Up

 

Mr. BoJangles here. Things are happening here at our house. My Mom has not been feeling so good. Seems like things just keep happening to make her feel bad.

First she was dizzy and then she broke her tooth! Then she hurt her back and couldn't even sit on the sofa with us dogs. She had to lie flat in bed and she told Dad she couldn't figure out what hurt worse her mouth or her back. She could stand up, so she could still cook and wash dishes.

I need to tell you that I was glad she could cook and wash dishes. Dad tries, but what can I say, he is just not as good as Mom in the kitchen! His dishwashing is not up to Mom's standards. Toni told me that if someone asks you to do something you really don't want to do, you just do a bad job and they will not ask you to do it again. This is a secret between her and Dad. I don't like to keep secrets and I bet she won't ask me to again! I am a quick learner, don't you think?

Mom was grating carrots and she got a bad cut on her pinkie finger. She told Dad she grated a good chunk off. I saw the blood! I offered to lick her wound, but she pushed me away.


I yelled for Dad when I saw the blood. I said, "BLOOD!!!" By the time Dad got out of his recliner, Mom had it all bandaged. Then she told Dad to clean up the mess she left so she wouldn't get her bandage wet. Then she asked Eddie to take a nap with her.

When Mom wants to rest, she always takes Eddie with her. If she doesn't he will sit in the hall and howl for her. He really likes naps with Mom. Mom invited me and Toni once. It didn't last long. We chased each all over the bed and I accidentally jump right on Mom's belly. She said, "OOF" and then banned me from her bedroom! It was Toni's fault.


 I do like sitting on the sofa with Mom. This is where we sit when Mom lets me write. I was all set to write and she told me she needed to put real clothes on before we could start. People are funny about the things they wear. Personally I prefer no clothes, but sometimes Mom will put clothes on me. You just have to let her have her way. I would be afraid to bite Mom ..... she bites back. 

Anyway, I have been listening to Mom and Dad and we are going on a trip to Florida. I don't think I have ever been to Florida. I don't know what Florida is. Mom told Toni we would get to see the Puppy called Max. He is not a puppy anymore, but Toni knows who he is. She assured me that he would not like me! That was a mean thing to say. She said he loves Mom, so why wouldn't he love me? I am very cute, don't you think.

I hope I don't throw up on this trip, but Eddie says we will have to go through the mountain again, so I probably will. No worries, Mom will clean me up and hold me until I feel better. Dad drives and that is good because I don't think he would be any good at cleaning up throw up. He would get mad at me, too.

I want to say Merry Christmas to everyone! Now I must go to bed to keep Mom's feet warm. 

Comments

  1. Probably a good idea to have an old "throwaway" blanket over everything just in case of throw up. I think you will like Florida, it is warm there even though winter is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it was warm, but Dad kept turning the heat on while he drove. Mom says it was like a furnace in there! She sits next to a window and she opened it to give us all some cool air to breathe. Not before I got sick on the covers, though.

      Delete
  2. Mr. Bojangles you might see the ocean! Beware of sharks if you do, because you would just be a tiny snack for a big shark, and then I would miss your blog entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ocean, but we did see a really big pond at a campground. There were even ducks to bark at! Mom says we were on the gulf side and inland. I have no idea what that means, but the other campground had swamp behind our site. I wanted to explore, but then Mom explained what an alligator was .....

      Delete
  3. I hope that accident didn't keep you from getting a carrot treat, Mr. Bo! Enjoy your trip to Florida. The ride might make you queasy, but think of the togetherness in that camper! Mom will have to sit with you dogs, and won't be up and about, working on projects or catering (he wishes!) to Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got almost a half a carrot! Mom is very generous with things ahe says are good for us. We get apples, too. It was hot and stuffy in the RV with Dad in control of the heat. Mom controls the window, though, so the joke's on him! Mom does get up to refill Dad's tea and water and get him ice and snacks. He can be annoying!

      Delete
  4. I hope the trip is fun and safe for you, Mr Bo and the entire family. Looking forward to more entries from you in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ashamed to admit that I disgraced myslef and vomited all over our covers. After that I felt better and had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier