Such Is Life

 Leaving now for the trip south. HeWho is driving us through the mountain. He underestimates the preparation that goes into a trip with the animals. I did the most of it while he decided to take the RV in for a wash. $75!! I will do it myself for $75! How hard can it be? A hose, a bucket and a ladder is all you need!

Then while I gathered clothing for us and loaded most of it, he decided to blow leaves! He did act as a pack mule for the things I assembled for loading. Then I spent an hour putting the stuff where it goes. Only last minute items this morning and I was up and at it at 7. I washed all the dishes, did a last minute load of laundry, then cleaned Dora's habitat and loaded it, with her into the shower of the RV. I remembered her food and made sandwiches for the noon hour that would most likely find us in traffic in Atlanta.

I called out the time of 9:30 and then every five minutes to get the driver of out excursion out of bed. Before we went to bed last night, he said, "Don't let me forget the dog food." Really, why am I the designated alarm clock and memory? He left the bedroom and came back a few minutes later inquiring about scotch tape. The back side of an insurance report ( we get the exact same on as an email) had been scrawled with"don't forget dog food" in red marker. I told him to put it atop the table or where his morning pills were.

We made it through the mountains, me and the dogs being slung from side to side. Toni Louise fell off our "bed" we were sitting on and then slid to the bedroom. Took quite the effort to get her back  and on the seating area. She was trembling all over. Eddie, being so low to the ground was having better luck balancing and Mr BoJangles was just plain miserable, clinging to the side of my leg.

I had my second session of rehab yesterday. No, I did not get flipped upside down. Just had to warm up on a stationary bike, then do some balancing stuff on the parallel bars. Let's just say that if I had to walk a straight line for a sobriety test, I would fail!

My back is much better, although it will still grab me occasionally. I bathed the trio of dogs. They were all clean and fluffy and smelling so good. A colossal waste of time! As we were turning onto a road, I heard the retching sound from Bo and saw him vomit ...... on Toni's back and tail. 

The box of kleenex I had used to wipe the sweat from my brow is half gone and the vomit is on the bedspread we are sitting on, one of the pillows, the side of my leg and poor sweet Toni who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The window was already open, the heat from the cab stifling me, but it smells like baby burp up in here now. I had a pee-pee pad on the seat with us, anticipating Bo's motion sickness. I knew he was going to lose it and had not fed him because I can think ahead.

After I informed the driver that Bo had vomited and to slow down, he exclaimed, "Did you load the dogfood?" He had ONE JOB, although he will argue that he did a whole lot of stuff to get ready for the trip. Like blowing leaves, because we all know that was necessary.

On a straight road now, I am going to go check on the turtle and find a jug of water to clean my hands with. Bo seems content now, he is sucking a wad of fur on Eddie's back. He does this when he is anxious. Eddie is very accomodating since Bo has done this since he was a tiny puppy weaned too soon. 

We made it to my sister-in-laws house in due time and I was able to relax. We stopped at Walmart before we got to her house for the forgotten dog food. I was dispatched to fetch it and I raced (sort of) through the crowded store, grabbing a few things along the way to the dog food aisle because, well just because. Back to the front of the store to check out ......

Every lane had lines, long lines and nothing was happening. Their system crashed and there were over 100 people waiting to pay for their purchases. Cashiers just standing around. I abandoned my cart and left. HeWho called a couple of hours later to ask if the system was back up and the person answering the phone told him it was never down!!

He was sent with a list of things that was needed besides the dog food. He was not gone long when he called to tell me he couldn't find the dogfood ... what? I told him exactly where to look, halfway down the aisle, 2nd shelf from the bottom, get the 11 lb bag, rather than the 25 lb. bag. "They don't have it." says HeWho shops. Oh, my good Lord, of course they do, I had it in my cart! "Where did you leave the cart?" My eyes rolled to the back of my head, then I told him to just get the Purina Pro. He couldn't find that either, but I had seen it. "Well, I am telling you they don't have it." Again I told him where on that ailse to look. He sighed deeply and said, "Well, I'll go back." The dogs have to have food!! I should have gone with him. He was supposed to get dressing mix and came back with Stove Top stuffing!

Why did we send him? He did get the garlic bread for our supper, so there is that! And some dog food, I haven't seen the bag, but I will remedy that today when I go take the Stove Top stuffing back and get the right thing. I hope the new food does not make the dogs have diarrhea! Such is life.

Comments

  1. Glad you are there. A happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wouldn't be a trip without a couple of hiccups. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Toni Louise, being flung all willy-nilly around the RV! Sounds like that rehab session was training you to become a gymnast. You should know by now that giving a man a list of items to put in a cart is tempting fate. I did that once, and received $35 worth of groceries, with not a single item from the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny after it settled down. Toni had the funniest look on her face while she was sliding across the floor! HeWho can never stick to a list, I always get a lot of junk with the rest and that would have been fine if he got the correct dog food, though the consequence of his actions did not happen right away!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier