Poop Scooping Talent

 I can bend!! I even walked up the driveway to the She Shed, but I didn't think I could do any more lifting, so I hiked back down for a rest.

The cardiologist called with the results of the ultrasound this morning. The results popped up on "my chart", but they were useless to me, since they did not unclude a normal range to compare. Anyway, I have mild stenosis from plaque and I am already taking a statin and a daily aspirin. Nothing to do different. Now just waiting to see what the results of the holter monitor show.

Since I have vertigo rehab on the 20th, we will leave home on the 21st and avoid the really bad traffic that happens on the day before Thanksgiving. We don't have too far to go and can take our time. We will have Thanksgiving with family. My youngest will be there with her family and it should be fun. Always fun to see family. 

From there, we will head south and see my nephews and the twin babies. The babies are growing so fast! Seems like yesterday when they were tiny and now they have teeth and Jonah is pulling himself up to standing!

We don't have to be home for two weeks and have no idea where to go next, maybe even further south to see my daughter's new house. Depends on when she decides to go home after Thanksgiving.

Now I have to get the RV ready to roll. I woke this morning, relatively pain free. I started the steroid dose pack yesterday and I hate the way it makes me feel. I woke at 1:10 this morning and could not go back to sleep. My head hurt and I felt like I wanted to jump up and do something, anything. I watched TV for about an hour and then just lay in the dark until I finally fell asleep. 

Mr. BoJangles was ready to get up at 7am, as usual and stared at me until I could feel his gaze on my face. I had coffee and took the next dose. I was just minding my own business, piddling around with a few morning chores when I felt the heat on my neck slowly rise to my cheeks. I looked in the mirror and my face was beet red! I looked like I had a fever, my face was (and still is) hot to the touch. Has me thinking the cure is as bad as the ailment.

HeWho decided to take over my poop scooping duties. I was skeptical about his ability to do it properly. Last time he was out playing with the blower, he decided to do the dog yard and blew leaves and poop into my garden beds .... I was not happy and very vocal about it. I told him the leaf blowing was needed up at my She Shed and then, not very calmly, explained why I did not want dog poop in my vegetable beds.

Nothing wrong with my memory, I yelled as he went out the door to not employ the use of the blower. He looked pained. He loves a chore with engines and noise, always has. I could not imagine him bending over with a bagged hand to actually pick the poop up and deposit it in another bag. This is my method and if you watch your step, you accomplish this task without making a mess of your shoes. Well, I can.

So, I directed him to get the old shower curtain out of the shed and employ the rake. He did, sort of, but he tracked poop everywhere, even in the house. I was not happy. This morning as the day warmed, I decided to go out and pick up the poop that happened after his efforts. There lay the old shower curtain with leaves and poop on it. He had left it there. I had noticed it and mentioned it a couple times of times and he said he would "take care of it". This was while I was so miserable and in pain and I assumed he would get it out of the yard.

You know that old saying about assuming things. There are a lot of leaves falling, so it was really full and I knew I would not be able to pick the four corner up and heave it over the fence. I raked leaves and picked up poop and he came out to take care of the pile. Despite the fact that I had carefully policed the yard and there was NO POOP in the yard, he managed to step in some, must have been under the shower curtain and he tracked it in the house!

I must be the only person capable of successfully completing the task of poop scooping. I am just that talented! This is a 5 minute chore if you do it daily. 


Comments

  1. I once had a dog that very conveniently, without training, used only the bare ground side yard for pooping. It was so easy to clean up. If only all dogs could do that. It seems a shame that HeWho could not do this one thing properly while you were unable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes cringe when he announces something he has done to "help" me! My old collie always made a deposit in the same place, but the three I have now don't follow this example of perfection in dogs!

      Delete
  2. HeWho does this "helping" to get credit for his efforts, but makes sure to not do it right so you will not ask him to help in the future! Glad you are feeling better. Steroids do the same to me, the hyperness and inability to sleep, and the red face. But they sure make whatever is ailing me at the time go away. My dogs, like the proverbial bear, poop in the woods. No picking up. Nature decomposes it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, he likes credit! Since my woods do have bears, my dogs are contained and have no choice, wait, that is wrong. Sometimes Eddie doesn't make it off the porch! Took my last steroid yesterday and am so happy to be done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier