Good Luck/Bad Luck

 I went to see my primary care today for my back pain. It all started with me bending to pick up a sock on the floor last Thursday .... I had thought I would need to take it easy for a couple of days and it would resolve itself.

It should come as no surprise that it only got worse, to the point that I could not stand up from a sitting position. It felt like a giant hand squeezing my hip. I am glad there was no video of my efforts to stand! The only way I could get any relief was to stand or lay flat in the bed, and when I say lay flat, I mean there was no turning on either side.

Then I noticed this "bump" at about waistline. Purple, it is. Looks just like the bumps on my belly when I had Shingles. No blisters, though. So, then I was sure it was the beginning of Shingles. I am happy to report that it is not Shingles (fingers crossed). However, should blisters appear I am to call for an anti-viral.

In the mean time, I got a shot for pain and prescriptions for steroids and muscle relaxers. I should be able to sleep tonight.

While I was waiting for my 3:30 appointment, I was standing all day. I dusted and did dishes and laundry. Feeling pretty good if I was careful not to move wrong, I was quite productive. I managed to glue my pointer finger to my thumb with gorilla glue. If you were wondering, that stuff works really good .... just keep it off your skin and if you get it on one finger, don't try to wipe it off with your thumb.

I had to use a utility knife to pry my digits apart, but the good news is that I didn't cut myself. I did get some things glued together that I had tucked away waiting for just the right time.

Saturday while eating dinner my lower wisdom tooth broke in half and I swallowed it! Not one to do things half way, you know. Thankfully it doesn't hurt, but I put out the word on the community page for a recommendation for a dentist and chose the one with the most votes.

The bad news is that I can't be seen until December 5th. Good news is that it does not hurt and here's hoping it holds off until the appointment. I took my shower to get ready to see my primary care provider and the blow dryer just simply died. I pulled the old one out, the one that takes forever to dry my hair and just kept on making myself presentable. I didn't want to scare the public.

Tomorrow I will have my ultrasound on my carotid arteries. I finally took the holter monitor off and sent it back. Now I can treat the skin that was under the sticky patch. It looks like a chemical burn! I took it off Friday and yesterday I had a significant episode of skipping beats that lasted for about 15 minutes. This is what my cardiologist was hoping to capture on the monitor, but it was gone by then.

I am still having episodes of vertigo, but can't do the maneuver they showed me in rehab because of my back. What is that saying ... if not for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck. Just looked at the pill bottle of muscle relaxers and saw the yellow label in bold print warning that the drug causes dizziness. Makes sense to me .....

Comments

  1. Oh that's such a lot going on at the same time! Hope the back issue is resolved, because you do need to be pain free to deal with other issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned: WD-40 dissolves gorilla glue. You don't want to know how and why I learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I knew that, too. I tried finger nail polish remover. I forgot that the new polish removers are acetone free and I needed the acetone. I even have Goo Gone in the medicine cabinet. It was just one of those "duh" moments of life!

      Delete
  3. The bad luck has GOT to come to an end soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have to look up carotid artery because I don't remember which one that is. I hope everything gets resolved satisfactorily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The carotid arteries are in your neck and are usually involved in strokes with the close proximity to the brain. Mine results came in on "My Chart". Very confusing, since the acceptable range of the numbers were not included.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier