Another Day

 The ultrasound of my carotid was uneventful. We were only 2 minutes early and HeWho was mumbling about being late ..... he likes to get there at least 30 minutes early.

I had a good night's sleep with the shot and the muscle relaxer. Last night I did remember to ask HeWho what time his appointment was. When they scheduled my ultrasound, I asked that they use the same day that HeWho had his appointment. Same office, but he was to see our cardiologist for his 6 month check up. He seemed to think it was either 1 or 1:30. This is why I asked him to check before I went to sleep.

So, I asked him on the way this morning and he said, again, that it was 1 or 1:30. This lead me to believe he had actually looked and seeing it was ONE OCLOCK or a half hour later could remember. As soon as I was finished he was chomping at the bits for food and we left the office to return after eating.

My procedure took only about 15 minutes, although she did linger on the left side. I couldn't see the monitor while she worked on the left, but I watched the right side. Not that I knew what I was looking for exactly. I could feel a skipped beat and she said she saw it. I don't have the results yet, but am not particularly worried about it. I know she will wait until she gets the results from the holter monitor before she calls me.

We arrived back at the office at 12:30 and HeWho enjoys being very early went inside to use the restroom and check in. I sat in the truck, enjoying the weather and was planning on going in about 5 minutes before his appointment. He does not join me on my visits, but he needs me to go with him because he will agree with any questions and will sometimes fill in what he doesn't hear clearly with words he thought he heard. You can see how this could be confusing and lead to problems.

But ... before I could get out of the truck, he was back. His appointment was at ELEVEN THIRTY. Yes there are ONES in it, but he finally admitted he didn't check last night. He must have been so concerned about his ailing wife ..... no, that is not why. Such a simple thing, just check the time.

This is the second time he has missed his appointment with the cardiologist! We will have to pay, her time is valuable! I suppose I should just give up on my plan to teach him to be responsible for himself. This morning as we were leaving, he asked where we were going! He was wondering which city his appointment was in. We have only two locations for appointments. Blairsville and Hiawassee. His vascular surgeon from Atlanta has a satellite office in Blairsville where he can be seen.

I soldier on. He has been doing all the driving since I first got dizzy, but I still have to direct him at times. Thank goodness for Siri and her skills at finding things!! 


Comments

  1. Such is my brain sometimes, either the day is wrong when I show up (not that often) or I've written down in my calendar the wrong time. I arrive an hour late and they reprimand me...or they call and say, where are you? I kind of depend upon that calendar app on my phone. But when I write things into it I've now taken to saying them back, to make sure I recorded it right! Ugh. As to your own ultrasound, I do hope it works out well for your treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The My Chart on my email always suggests that I take the time to check in early online. They still ask the same questions and I no linger do it, but it does remind me that I have an appointment. HeWho has everything on his phone and one would think he could look it up easily enough, but he is just accustomed to me taking care of everything. He wants to lead a charmed life ....

      Delete
  2. Most of my doctors have started to send an appointment text reminder. Is that an option for either of you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do send reminders. But for Monday appointments the reminders go out on Friday. I manage to take care of all of our appointments, but I was really in pain and I failed miserably. I did ask him to check the time and I should have done it myself!

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain and am glad I no longer share the same source.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember being at my Dad's funeral and I turned my phone off. All of the calls for reservations came in on my phone and I have taken reservations while driving. It is not that difficult. I called Him and told him to un-forward the camp line during the service. He asked in a voice full of panic what he should do if it rang. Instead O f going through the procedure that was clearly written right on my desk for his benefit, I said, "Pretend I am dead and then do that!" and hung up!

      Delete
  4. I think it's best from now on if you keep track of his appointments, one more job in your to-do basket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has always been my job, sadly my job has no benefits and no time off!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier