The Leaves Are Turning

 

Yesterday was a decent day. HeWho loves to go out to eat took me to breakfast. I wasn't even dizzy! On the way home, the colors were just lovely, but he drives too fast for me to get a picture. When we hit the road to home, he slowed and even stopped a couple of times for me to try to capture the foliage. This is on the road to home, just before turning into our little area. It doesn't capture what I wanted .....

After we returned from breakfast, I had him drop me off at my She Shed. My gardens are fading, but the marigold has grown to three feet high in some places. I made the mistake of bending over to deadhead some mums, but refused to succumb to the dizzy spell. So much to do to organize my shed awaited my attention. 

I had put some pegboard on the wall last year, just to be able to get the smaller items out of the way. It was temporary, so that was the first thing I intended to tackle. I had the wrong bit for my drill and had to ask HeWho to hunt one down. He returned with it, along with Charming Eddie. Eddie was looking for me, but he chose not to stay in the shed with me. Maybe too much chaos bothered his mind. It is bothering mine!

I was making some good progress, having found my thread holders to mount on the wall above the table that will be holding my sewing machine. The small piece of peg that I removed was put to good use on the side of a shelving unit to hold the overflow of cone thread. I have a lot of thread. Now when I open that box, I will be able to simply put everything away, knowing I won't be moving it again.

While I finished unloading the big plastic tote that held my thread holders (I have 4), I found the plastic bins normally used to house things related to tools like screws and nails and such. After I designed the plastic see-thru 1 litre bottles to hold such things for the tool shed in Missouri, I decided they would work in my sewing room.

I was busy patting myself on the back because my efforts were beginning to show and that is when I knocked over the largest one ..... buttons, needles, tiny beads, fake eyes for crafts, and sewing machine feet covered the floor. And bobbins, lots of bobbins already loaded with thread and empty ones. I hate to stop to load a bobbin when I am engrossed in sewing.

Nothing to do, but clean it up and re-sort it all. Had to be done anyway, since the move had a lot of the contents of the drawers in the bottom of the box. Still, it would have been easier if most of it wasn't on the floor, or under other things on the floor. I grabbed the broom, ever thankful that I had swept most of the area before I started, and made a pile of the various things rolling around on the floor.

I picked up a lot of the mess yesterday, all of the bobbins, since I had mounted the thread holder that holds my bobbins on the wall. I will admit that by the time I had put all the bobbins away, after rewinding the thread, I seriously considered sweeping the rest into a dustpan and simply throwing it away. No dustpan handy and me getting dizzier, I just closed up the shed and headed down the drive trying not to think about it.

I got all the stuff up and sorted today. Took me about 4 hours, since I pulled the other two units out of the tote and did all of them. My accomplishment of the day. Dizzy and tired, supper will be beef pot pies I previously froze for a day such as this one!

Comments

  1. Hi. Hate to read about your dizzy spells. If you haven't had a diagnosis of why you are dizzy and nothing is working for you, you might try this solution from a doctor named Carol Foster. Here is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQR6b7CAiqk but if you are nervous to click links ( I know I am. lol) , then you can just google her yourself for the link. Try googling "carol foster vertigo". Her solution has worked for me multiple times. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, I will look it up. I saw my cardiologist today and she is hoping it is my inner ear. She agreed with me going to rehab an said the one I will be going to has helped locate the culprit for many people who suffer with vertigo. She said they will be trying out a lot of causes to determine mine. Then she scheduled an Echo for my carotid arteries and I have to wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks.

      Delete
    2. Oh yuck for the heart monitor. It is such a bother to wear the thing. I was supposed to wear one for a couple of weeks but it didn't last because I found out within a few days that I was allergic to the glue on the tape that they used. My chest was a mess!! When the doctor saw it, he said to forget the monitor, they had a few days recordings and that would have to do. He said if I ever need to wear one again, to be sure and tell them I have an allergy to the glue and they will use a different tape for me. Good luck and I hope your arteries are clear.

      Delete
  2. I bet you'll be finding little sewing doodads under things for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The center of the 12 X 16 space is still full of boxes and big totes to unpack, so I know I will find more things that fell, but now I have a place for them to go. Two lofts are full, too. One side is sewing, the other side is Halloween and Christmas stuff. I refuse to get the stuff down until I get the bottom all organized. HeWho is not allowed entry! He steps on things and doesn't feel it. I am hoping he will get more sensitive to feeling in his feet and lower limbs as he heals from the grafts in his arteries. He has been numb in his calves for several years. I can feel something under my feet in shoes immediately, not him, though.

      Delete
  3. You have all winter, remember. And half of spring to finish up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right about the ear crystals! My cardiologist explained things a lot better than my primary care. She said (just like I said) that vertigo is a symptom, not a diagnosis and the rehab will be testing for many things associated with vertigo and one is the ear crystals (she called them rocks) and show me how to manipulate them myself if that is the problem. I will be having an echo of my carotid arteries, as well and I have to wear a heart monitor for 2 weeks. Such is life for one my age!!

      Delete
  4. Maybe your dizziness is gradually fading. Don't overdo the bending! Baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, some days are better than others and I have noticed that fatigue is a trigger. I do stuff only for as long as I feel okay. Bending is inevitable for me, as I can't squat without causing severe knee pain. Read my answer to Joanne above. I love my cardiologist, as she is very thorough and heavy on explanation.

      Delete
  5. Is it possible you are iron deficient? I read a wall chart in the doctor's waiting room this morning that suggested iron deficiency as a cause. I was in there waiting to hear my test results, my bone scan was excellent and blood test too. But the chart got me thinking about you and your dizzy spells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of my blood work is good, so I doubt iron is the culprit. I have the bone density of a 30 year old! Except the hip that has sciatica, the same location of Shingles from about 7 years ago. I saw my cardiologist today and she likes the rehab center I will be going to, says they will find out the cause and show me how to manage it on my own. I am all atither with anticipation!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier