Still Dizzy

 Still dizzy here. The dogs find me quite entertaining, though. This morning, while still able to walk a straight line, I ventured out to breath fresh air and look at my garden. I raked some leaves and toyed with thoughts of walking up the drive.

Instead I decided to pot the plants in the ground that need to come inside. I doubt very much that HeWho would be able to accomplish this, even with a lot of instructions from me. My plants are not familiar with him ....

I am so tired of just sitting here. We have two remotes for the TV. One is good and the other one is finicky. We lost the good one several days ago. Yesterday, while in a lucid state I pulled out the vacuum in hopes of sucking it from its hiding place. Instead, I found a lot of dog hair and a USB memory stick (no idea what might be on it). I assumed the remote was not there. I checked the cushions, taking all the furniture apart to find even more dog hair and gave up.

A hard whack to the temperamental remote will result in it working, sometimes for hours, sometimes for a few minutes. After bending over to carefully dig up the plants, I had to come in and take the meclizine. That is even worse than being dizzy, I think.

HeWho went to get some food (his idea of cooking) and I whacked that remote with no results. In my drugged state, I decided that the remote HAD to be under the love seat. I knew I would not be able to bend down to look under the furniture. I decided I could slide down to the floor from my seat and lay flat on my stomach to look under the loveseat.

First I made sure the RING camera we use to watch the canines when we are not here was not on me. I am dizzy, not dumb. It worked.I slid to the floor and lay on my stomach and saw it. It was part ways behind the leg. 

Short folks such as myself have short limbs, as well. I could not reach it as I lay swimming on the floor. I had socks and leggings on and could get no traction untill I pulled my t-shirt up to reveal my belly. It helped me stay in one place, but the remote still positioned behind that leg mocked my attempts to grab it.

Toni Louise tired of watching me, stood at the door waiting patiently to go out, while Bo jumped on and off my back and Eddie watched from his perch on the ottoman. I gave up on the remote and sat up, then slid across the floor on my butt to open the door and let Toni Louise out. Then I tried to get myself up off the floor.

The leggings made my knees slippery and the socks prevented my feet from aiding in my attempt. A rug might have helped, but I stopped putting rugs on the floor when I realized that anything on the floor looked like a pee pad to my dogs who felt obligated to use it. Toni made her way back to the door and I let her in. 

I thought about just staying on the floor until HeWho returned. He would help get me up, after he stopped laughing ..... and I still did not have that remote! It was then that I saw HeWho had not taken his can with him. The cane got the better of the remote that was hiding and I soon had it in my hand. I was still on the floor, trying to think of a way to use the cane to get myself to my feet.

The cane was just too long and I could not get an angle that worked. I took my socks off. Finally I slid the door open enough to grab the outside handle and finally make it to my feet. That was exhausting! I had to have a nap then to replenish my energy and and metabalize the drug. Now I feel like I have a hangover! I will be snapping those pills in half from here on.

While stranded on the floor I decided that I am not a great housekeeper. Right now, it is of little consequence, as I feel lousy, but as soon as I get to a more normal state, this place in is for a good cleaning!

Comments

  1. I sure remember how hard it was to get off the floor when I did something that made me down there. I've since learned scooting, crawling, or however I can to a chair bottom let's me get the weight of my upper body on the seat, then I can slowly get my legs up till I can, maybe turn and sit in the seat, or perhaps push myself to standing. The ways of a very shaky woman here! So glad you got the remote at last! Yes, half tabs does sound like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I needed traction! My cahirs are light weight and would have tipped over in top of me! The recliner was sliding on the floor with me .... in retrospect, maybe I should have let the RING camera film me, as I am sure it was funny!

      Delete
  2. I do not voluntarily get on the floor. The last time I fell there, I used a door handle to pull myself up. Barbara's chair method also has been successful,, when a chair was available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, heh! The image of Bo jumping on your back is so entertaining.

    Last time I was on the floor was when I tripped on a throw rug in the basement, while everyone else was asleep. I floor-swam to the couch, which is against a wall, with my feet on a giant braided rug. I was able to get my elbows and arms on the couch, and hoist myself upright. Not an experience I would like to repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bo was delighted that I was down on the floor to play with him ... or so he thought. At first Toni just watched me from underneath the recliner. She was shocked to find me at her eye level. Eddie was concerned enough to bark, but since we were alone with not a soul to hear him I had to growl at him to shut up!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you managed to get the remote, would the "iffy" one work better with new batteries? If not, why even keep it? I am still able to get down and up again since I do it every day to clean Lola's litter tray. You may have to get a cane of your own for just such happenings as getting remotes out from under things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put new batteries in it, but HeWho thinks he needs a remote, too. This one serves its purpose, as some times I anticipate him trying to use it and perform the task myself and he thinks his works. We are not yet a two cane family. I am wishing my faithful old Collie was still with me. He was an amazing dog, cognizant of my every need. When we would tire of tossing a ball for Oscar (doxie), He would pick the ball up in his mouth and toss it. Such a sweet and caring temperament!! He would have gotten that remote, even if it meant lifting the sofa!

      Delete
  5. My tv has two remotes as well - but it is in my bedroom. I put velcro strips on my headboard and on the backs of the remotes - so they should never be lost. But, I keep leaving them on my mattress to sleep next to me! I'm glad you were able to eventually get back up, I hope the vertigo issue is solved for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a third remote in the bedroom ..... on my side of the bed. I used to fall asleep with it in my hand. I stopped that after one of the dogs accidentally turned the TV on and then put their foot on the volume button. It was a rude awakening!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier