Eddie Helps Cover Loveseat

 My rehab sessions start on the 30th of this month. I am dreading and looking forward to this in equal portions. Blogger buddy Val told me that her husband had vertigo and they flipped him upside down. That thought is always in the back of my mind. I doubt I will handle it well if they do that to me!

I ordered some slip covers for my love seats. I have a couple of sets, but they are wearing out. These were a bargain I found online. They cover the entire piece of furniture and come with a matching throw pillow cover. This morning I decided I was balanced enough to put them on the loveseats.

I opened the first package and pulled one out. I shook it, hoping it might have a clue as to how to put it on, or even a label that said "front" or "back". No instructions were included, just the round foam sticks to push down in the back of the cushion to make it stay put. They were some seams, but hard to see, since it was a printed stretchy fabric with elastic around the bottom along with 4 strings hanging that I have no clue what to do with. Not an idiot, I know they must tie to something or tie together.

Alone, with just my pets to consult, I turn it this way and thay way. I decided to just go for it and put it on. It was sideways, so I carefully turned it around while still on the couch. This was more labor intensive than it should have been. I began pulling and tucking and even shoved those foam pipes in. I stood back and pondered it, something was wrong. I had put the stitched area in the front and the sides next to the arms was tented out at odd angles.

Eddie was on the ottoman watching me closely with big eyes and raised eyebrows, no doubt wondering how comfy it would be when I put his doggie stairs in place. He looked at me looking at him. I asked him if I should maybe take it off and he agreed. I had it backwards.

I wrestled it off and wrestled it back on with the front in the front and the back in the back and it fit perfectly. I carefully tucked the little foam pipes in, took them out and did it with more strategy. I like it! Fourteen dollars well spent. HeWho was out hunting down his breakfast came in as I was finishing and he liked it.


Eddie approves, too. See the string at the bottom? Still don't know what I am supposed to do with it. None of the fours strings match up to a point to tie as far as I can tell. The color compliments the drapes and Eddie is happy, who could ask for more?

Pleased with myself, I opened the other package, all set to dress the other loveseat. No instuctions in this one either, but I knew how now! This was identical .... except for the hole in it. 

Noooooooo! I had pushed myself to the limits of vertigo with the first one and now I would have to return and reorder another one. What if they don't have this particular print anymore? My good mood deflated like a popped balloon. Eddie tried to comfort me when I sat down to find my contact to reorder. 

Charming Eddie has had no classes to qualify as a support animal, but he could easily qualify. I was holding my dizzy head and he got into my lap and sniffed every square inch of my skull. He is such a loving little guy!

That was my big chore for the day. I am now dizzy, but I want to change the sheets on the bed. Yesterday was awful. I ended up taking the meclizine because I was so dizzy. I am hoping to rest a bit, then tackle the sheets. You might be wondering why HeWho is holding his recliner down couldn't do it. I don't want to have to re-do it. He is not domestic helper!

Comments

  1. Oh great love seat cover. And great accomplishment of you and Eddie! So sorry about the second one. I just spent 40 min. on the phone with a call center, eventually going to the supervisor who played with the order, taking off each item to see if it was the problem, until she found the culprit. And thus I missed an important call in the meantime! DO NOT PUSH yourself when you're dizzy. Please! Let the sheets be backwards, or wrinkled, or blankets not tucked correctly. You are not worth throwing your own well being away for perfect bed making. Please, from an octogenarian who has found out the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turns out the pattern is no longer available, so I will just sew the hole up and use it anyway! You are right about the changing of the bedcovers! Instead I took a nap.

      Delete
  2. That's a great cover. Thank your lucky stars you didn't open the other package first. Upside down may fix your vertigo. The crystals in the back of your ears need realigned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unaware of ear crystals. How does one go about getting them realigned? She examined my ears and found them to be fine ....

      Delete
  3. Your loveseat looks good. No idea that the string is for. Hick was good for about a month after that upside-down treatment. Then the dizziness came back. I don't know what was wrong with him, but he eventually got over his dizzy spells. They seemed to think it was something in his ears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inner ear is usually the culprit. Nothing blocking my eardrums or any signs of infection, so rehab will be next. The string is making me a little crazy, like I might just slide to the floor to make a thorough investigation. I would ask HeWho sits alot to do it for me, but things like hanging strings and messy houses do not bother him in the least!

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful cover, shame about the hole in the second one. I hope they can replace it with the same design. I have no clue about the dizziness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That design is no longer available. I could get a solid one to compliment one of the colors, but it would be hard to match and I don't want a solid one. They show dirt easier. My dogs are allowed on the furniture and they have black fur, so when they shed it would be easier to see and that would result in more changes. I like covers because I can toss them in the washer and dryer. I will just sew the hole up and hope it will be situated where a pillow might cover the stitching.

      Delete
  5. I do like that loveseat cover. too bad the other was damaged. sorry to hear your vertigo is still so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier