Her Name Should Be Trouble

 

The picture of me is not very flattering, but here I am. This was taken during our last adventure. We will not be taking another adventure soon ...

I am sure Mom has told you about the lastest hospital visit for Dad. It is a mystery why he wants to let himself be cut upon! I would not willingly go let a doctor CUT me! Okay, I know that I had a surgery when I was very young, but I did not go willingly. Mom took me and I threw up in her car! Just ask Eddie, he went with me!

That was then, this is now. This morning Mom slept late. Us dogs were okay with that, we slept with her. When we got up and she was drinking coffee ( I have sniffed her beverage of choice and I am appalled that she sips it so happily!) she was petting us dogs and telling us that she was so happy to get caught up on her sleep and that she felt great.

Us dogs were happy that our Mom felt great and remembered to feed us in a timely fashion. Everything was right in our world, not like the almost three days she left us on our own. As she dressed in her shorts and t-shirt, we knew she was heading outside. 

This is the time of day when us dogs go outside with Mom. Eddie preferred to stay behind while Mom looked for her phone, but Toni and I ran ahead and into the back yard. Mom has a garden that runs along the side of the fence. We are not allowed in her garden. There is netting up that will get tangled in our toenails. I have experienced it and you have to wait for Mom to get you out. If you try to untangle yourself, it will get worse.

Toni found a way to enter the garden behind some netting. There are giant plants that have giant yellow flowers that turn into something Mom calls squash. I have tasted it and it is delicious, but only after Mom cooks it. I told Toni not to go, but she told me Mom would not know and we would not get tangled if we were careful.

I tried to tell her I didn't want to go and she said I was a scaredy cat! "Am not!" I said to her. I followed her and we did not get tangled ..... we got caught by Mom! Mom yelled at us and told us we knew better. I tried to tell her that it was Toni's idea, but Mom was having none of my excuses. She told me that I was old enough to not blindly follow the instigator.

What? I am not blind, I had my eyes open and what in the world is an instigator? Is this some sort of alligator? I have seen pctures of alligators, but I have never seen an alligator. I would never follow an alligator. They are way bigger than me and I would make a tasty snack for an alligator. What is she going on about? I admit I stopped listening to her as I considered her words. 

I looked frantically around for Toni, but she had gone behind Dad's recliner to hide from Mom. Eddie was there, watching and listening. He looked amused at my predicament (new word for me, but I know what it means!). He was in no mood to help me, so I just sat in Mom's lap until she stopped talking and then got down to find Toni and maybe bite her for getting me in trouble.

Mom says the moral to the story is to stay out of her garden and you will stay out of trouble. Then she told Toni Louise that her name should be Trouble!

Comments

  1. By now you have probably worked out that you should not follow Toni Louose when she is going places that you know are not allowed. Ignore her when she calls you scaredy-cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni Louise is sneaky and usually avoids blame. That is what I want to learn from her, how to get away with shenanigans!

      Delete
  2. At least with Toni Louise leading the way, you will be second to be yelled-at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just it, Toni always gets away without a scolding! Mom says she is super sneaky!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier