Waiting

The day began very early, 5 am, to be exact. We were on the road by 5:30. Yes, it was very dark as we made our way through the mountain and into Helen. The overcast skies made sunrise be very subtle. 

HeWho is always afraid of being late and got it in his head that we should be at the hospital at 8am instead of 9am. He took some of those hairpin turns too fast for my liking. Yet, a car passed us despite the double yellow line on the road. The posted sign proclaimed the speed limit to be 15, sometimes 20 around those curves. We were hitting 30 and this car came flying up behind us and disappeared around the next curve .... never s

aw it again. 

We made it to the hospital with time to spare. Used the valet parking even though HeWho argued about the $12. Worth every penny for me not to wander around looking for my car and walking back and forth to the entrance. Old men!

As much as I wanted to sleep on the trip, I was too frazzled by the leg of the trip through the mountain. No small talk in my car, as he can't hear and I get tired of repeating everything. I just watch the scenery. As we got closer to Atlanta and got on I-85 I marveled at all the crepe myrtles along the roads. That had to have cost a fortune, but it was lovely with all the trees and hyacinths along the way. If only I could have stopped and gathered the tiny tres and shoots growing underneath.

I have been waiting for an hour and already tiring of it. Guess I can at least read blogs and catch up, so there is that. I hate the waiting!


Comments

  1. Yes, waiting is the worst! We're waiting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waaaiiiiiting is the hardest part. Tom Petty told me. I am picturing you collecting tiny trees and shoots along the highway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too much time for my mind to wander and create scenarios that aren't good!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier