The Storm

 The lights went out while it was still light enough to see outside. They had flickered on and off for most of the afternoon, and we figured they would pop back on after a bit. We were wrong. No power from about 5PM until about 12:30 this afternoon. 

No coffee this morning!!! I stumbled around and let the canines out to take care of their needs. Then we all went back to bed. I am useless without caffiene. I slept until 11:30! I sat up in the bed with sunlight pouring in the open window. I thought to myself, "So, this is what it is like to be HeWho!!"

HeWho doesn't mind what his hair looks like donned his ball cap and dispensed himself to the closest gas station to aquire coffee for his beloved. It was pretty nasty, but I drank every drop! I contacted my Marketplace contact with the free entertainment center we were to have picked up yesterday. It is too big to fit in the bed of the truck and since yesterday's attempt to pull the trailer out failed, I suggested that we disassemble it to fit in into the bed of the truck under the cover. We (I) planned to take it apart anyway, the wood is what I wanted to make shelves in the shed to organize things. Cheaper than buying shelves.

My plan was thwarted when HeWho is determined drove back up to try "something else" to free the trailor. I didn't argue or try to be the voice of reason, just went to see what I could do to my bed head and wash my face. I was just putting cream on my face when he returned and talking too loud demanded that I "get this thing out of my ear". It happened again! 

Same ear, new fitting. I picked the least sharp pair of tweezers I had and fixed my phone light into his hand to hold. I could get hold of the edge, but when I clamped down on it it slipped out of my grasp. He has gone on a mission for some hemistats at Walgreens. Did I bother to remind him that we tried that at the other Walgreens and were told they did not carry them. Better to let him learn this on his own.

Might as well go on a worm hunt to feed Dora .....

Despite my best efforts, I failed to get a worm for Dora. I failed to get the thing out of HeWho's ear. I am a miserable failure with a pounding headache. I have since failed to squash the headache. I had thoughts of going outside and memorializing the damage from the storm, but another storm looks to be brewing and my bed is calling out to me. It is one of those headaches that require sleep to go away.

We did manage to pick up my freebie entertainment center. The trailer is still stuck, so we did what I said to do in the first place and disassembled it and then loaded it. Thanks to being my father's daughter, I can think in increments of space .... when my head doesn't hurt.

This before the storm.


And, this is after the storm. "Don't worry, they will pop back up." says the man in my life. I doubt his prediction.

Comments

  1. What a day you had! I can relate, and hope there won't be any more like it. Do hope the sunflowers can come back up, but these had pretty spindly stalks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did not "come back up". I went out and staked some of them, ut some and put them in a vase. I would never have planted them in that location. The seed was mislabled, they were meant to be zinnia. I plant sunflowers against structures. like fences and buildings to give them support.

      Delete
  2. My head would hurt, too. Extra day not appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My head still hurts, though not as bad. I think it has something to do with the weather. I use Flonase and take zyrtec and singulair. They used to keep things managable ....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier