Mom Loves Us Dogs

 The cute one reporting here on the activities at our house. Just now I was napping peacefully, wedged against the back of the recliner next to my sister dog, Toni Louise. We have both been suspicious when Mom calls our names lately. She has been giving us a daily dose of medicine. It tastes okay, but I am not going to simply comply with her administration of something I can't lick first. Oh, what am I saying, I will eat just about anything from Mom, but this was ugly yellow liquid in a syringe that she squirts down our throats and we feel compelled to swallow. Toni was the first one to run from Mom when she saw the syringe. I am not a copy cat (not a cat of any kind), but it seemed like a good idea.

Eddie is most obedient when Mom tells him it is good for him and will make his incessant (new word for me) itching stop. He did refuse to open his mouth, but Mom slipped that syringe through his back teeth and released the medicine on the back of his tongue. I hid. Eddie told us it was not nasty and that Mom tasted it before she gave it to him. Dad and the rest of us dogs thought she might be losing her mind, but Mom loves us!

When Mom got her hands on me she used her fingers on either side of my mouth to open it! I didn't know she could do this! The vet does it, but I was unaware that Mom knew this trick! Eddie was right about the urge to swallow when it is on the back of your tongue. I licked the syringe and it was sweet, like the candy that Mom sometimes sneaks to us dogs. Still, it was fun to make Mom wrestle with me. 

Toni Louise is an escape artist, and Mom had to employ the assistance of Dad. At first she was going to just hand the syringe to Dad, but after she witnessed his technique, really his lack of technique, she took over. Dad held out the syringe to Toni and told her to eat it! Can you believe that?

We are done with that daily medicine now, though we still itch from time to time. But, today, while dozing, I heard Mom say "he had two pieces". She could only be referring to Eddie who was sitting in Dad's lap. Two pieces of what? I climbed from my place and wiggled out to see Mom displaying he empty hands!

I know that move! It means she has no more treats. This meant that Eddie had a treat while Toni and I had none. This was not fair! Eddie is such a kiss-up, when Mom told him not to tell the others, he didn't. Traitor!! I saw the donut box on the table that Dad brought home and I knew instantly that Eddie had some donut.

Dora was left out, as well, though she does not care for pastries ..... she eats worms! Yuk! Worms are slimey and wiggly. They are only good to roll in after they die. It is an exquisite (new word again) odor to smear on your fur and prevents humans from wanting to cuddle with you. It also ends with a bath.

Mom and Dad left us for an adventure yesterday. Did they not consider that us dogs might enjoy a day trip? We were not happy when they left us and said Eddie was in charge (it was his turn, we take turns). I showed them when I immediately peed on the floor. Not on the designated pee pads scattered around, but on the floor! 

Mom stepped in it when they returned and it was so deep it splashed into her shoe. I had to hide so I could laugh. Eddie was in charge, so she spoke to him about being responsible for others. He gave her his loving stare and she picked him up and kissed him and told him she loved his little face. Eddie has her wrapped around his tiniest toe.

Toni and I just watched from a small opening between the chair and a table. Later I climbed into Mom's lap and let her examine my little belly, as she calls it. She rubs the hair back and forth, occasionally tugging it a little. It is hypnotic and I will fall under her spell as she tells me stories of when I was tiny enough to fit in one of her hands. I guess Mom loves me, too!

Comments

  1. Now I understand why your dad isn't in charge of giving medicine! Sorry you didn't get even one piece of donut, but you DID pee on the floor, and Toni Louise was a rascal about taking the medicine. So maybe Eddie was just getting a reward. Or payment for being in charge. It's just a donut. Love is still dispensed equally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way to prove that pee was mine! How does she always know? And ..... have you ever tasted the deliciousness of a donut? Love is love, but a chunk of donut is heavenly. Dad is never in charge of serious things, that is Mom's department.

      Delete
  2. Oh bo Jangles, you will have to stop peeing on th efloor and use the pee pads. The smell of pee isn't always pleasing to humans and is hard to get off shoes sometimes, unless the shoes are washable. I suspect your sensible mum has washable shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see Mom wiping her shoes down with a solution in a bucket, but you hve to admit that thinking of her splashing in a puddle of pee is kind of funny!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier