Bo Takes A Trip

 Hi all, it is me, Mr. BoJangles. We have just returned from a very long trip!


Here I am in The RV. See that fan? Dad brought it along. He got it from his tool shed. I need to tell you that he loves fans and you will find one where ever he is. This one had not been used in a long time and when he turned it on the very first night of our trip, it screamed!! I am not kidding you, it actually screamed. Dad did nothing just sat there looking at it. Mom smacked his arm and told him to turn it off.

Dad said it would stop "in a minute", Mom was not happy. I was thinking that maybe I could join in and sing some high notes that Dad says he hates. He must not hate them that much if he is happy to let this fan scream .... just saying.

Turns out we needed the fan that night to block out the road noise. The park we stayed in was right next to a very busy highway and even with the fan we all kept waking up. Dad said we would not be staying here in the future. But we did on the way home. I guess he forgot.


Eddie did not enjoy the great outdoors as much as I did. Sometimes when we got out for a break I would throw myself to the ground and roll around in the sun. Mom would scold me. She said I had no idea how many dogs may have peed there. That was the good part, after rolling around and getting back in the camper for more riding, us dogs could sniff my fur and wonder about those other dogs. Mom said I would get a bath as soon as we got home!


Riding makes you sleepy and I had many naps! That is the pillow I slept on, Mom said it was a dog hair magnet. Not all that hair is mine and how could she tell since all us dogs are black! 

Did you know that black dogs are the least likely to be adopted from a shelter? Mom read this and said that Toni Loise is the exception that proves the rule (whatever that means)!


We have a lot of black hair in our house! This trip was fun, although Eddie did not enjoy it. He is have some skin issues and Mom is very worried about him. I did get a bath when we got home and so did Eddie. Now Eddie has to go see the vet again. His medication is not working and he has lot a lot of hair. I offered to go along, just in case the vet gives out some yummy treats. Some do, you know.

Now I am just waiting for the next trip.


Comments

  1. I just want to know how you got the fan to stop screaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom suggested WD40, but Dad had a spray lubricant that he used for something to do with the water hook up. He sprayed it INSIDE the RV. The fan stopped making the noise, but it stunk! Mom asked if he ever thought ahead. I think ahead and I think Dad should just do what Mom says!

      Delete
  2. I have black hair to vacuum up, too, because I have a black cat who will not be brushed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have so much hair floating about here. Mom gets the vacuum out almost every day. I think she should just leave the vacuum out and plugged in since she uses it all the time. That is what Dad would do. Whenever he uses it he just pushes it into a corner. Mom doesn't do that, as she says it takes up valuable real estate. Do not ask me what that means! Mom can be confusing!

      Delete
  3. I used to have a fan that made a lot of noise on the low setting because that bearings or something were worn so I had to always use it on the medium setting until I bought a new fan. I hope Eddie's vet finds the reason for his skin troubles some kind of dermatitis maybe? I have cat hair that needs to be vacuumed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Eddie has been to the vets more times recently than I have been my entire life! Mom is really worried about him. She has tried everything. Eddie feels so bad he has stooped trying to avoid her remedies. Tomorrow should give an answer to Eddie's skin condition.

      Delete
  4. How thoughtful of you, Bo, to volunteer to accompany Eddie to the vet! Even though you might have had an ulterior motive. You might have to ask someone what "ulterior" means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a giver of myself to help others, if it happens to come with treat, all the better! I am worried about Eddie, too. His skin looks like leather in some places and feels tight. I know he is miserable, but he doesn't complain like I would!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier