A Worm For Dora

 Mom says I should compose a post for today. Compose is my new word, did I use it correctly? Mom says she just isn't feeling it. You can feel words?

No pictures of my cute self today. The power keeps going on and off and I can't up load without internet. Mom says the power has to be on for the internet. This is all very confusing to a young pup, such as myself. I looked out the window and it is downright scary out there! The wind is blowing and the trees are swaying in the pounding rain. Dad says there is a tornado watch for our county. I don't know what a tornado is. Is it fun?

I will tell you about our day so far. Mom is still a little sad about her chili.  She made this chili the other day and I smelled it cooking. It did make me hungry, but the people in this house did not offer us dogs a bite! So, as a result, I can't tell you if it was good, but Mom and Dad said it was.

Then the next day, Dad ruined it with water. Not really sure how, but Mom was singing a song about someone leaving her cake out in the rain and it took so long to bake it and she will never have that recipe again. Jibberish, I think, since there was no cake involved.

Today, Mom reminded herself that Dora was out of worms. She reminds herself aloud about things she wants to remember. Dad was all set to go get some, but Mom told him to sit down, she would go outside and find a worm. She really can, she brings worms in for Dora all the time.

She invited us dogs to go outside with her. Now, I have to be honest, I knew she meant we could go play in our dog yard, but as soon as she opened the screen door on the porch, I dashed out. Dad was gone in his truck to try to hitch up the trailer to go pick up something Mom found on Marketplace for free. Our Mom is one savvy shopper. This is another new word for me. I am getting very smart, you know.

Mom told me to get myself back on the porch. I did consider her command while mentally measuring the distance between us. I decided I could not be caught, so I took off up the driveway. She kept yelling my name. As we got closer to where Dad was, we noticed that the truck was making a lot of noise. I paused there on the side of the driveway, a little scared by the noise. Mom kept yelling my name and all of a sudden, Dad turned off the truck and got out and yelled, "WHAT?" at Mom.

He was being very brave, yelling at Mom! She just pointed at me and Dad looked at me and told me to come to him, so I did. I was scared, what with the truck revving and the wheels spinning and the yelling. I am little, you know. Mom asked Dad if he needed help to get his truck unstuck, but I could tell she really didn't want to. He said he did not need help.

Mom took me from him and headed down the drive with me. I like the way she holds me. Dad just holds me with one hand and lets my legs dangle. Mom uses both her arms and hands, she always puts one hand under my feet and one hand under my chest. I feel secure like that. I thought she would be really mad at me, but she kissed the top of my head when she put me back on the porch.

A few minutes later she came in with a big worm wriggling in her hand. Dora was quite happy to see Mom approach her habitat with her dinner. Mom fed her, then chatted a bit with her. Dora watched her, like she could understand her. I don't know if she can or not, she has never spoken to us dogs. Mom says Dora is very intelligent. I think that just this one time, Mom could be wrong.

The lights went out after that, but Mom said I could write just fine without them; just no pictures. I am sorry about that. I know everyone likes to see me, since I am so cute.






Comments

  1. Great visuals to imagine...I assume Dora is either a reptile or fish, sorry I don't know. Cool to have your pup's viewpoint on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. Dora is our turtle. Mom has raised her since she was the size of a bottle cap. My mom is a sucker for small creatures.

      Delete
  2. One of these days Dora will abandon her "high horse" and speak to you dogs. Just remember your relative sizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really think so? I have a few questions for her!

      Delete
  3. This is Mr Bo Jangles? You write very well. I did worry when you took off up the driveway, but you were safe in the end. I remember that cake in the rain song, I remember that I never liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is me, the cute one. Thank you. My Mom says I would be a perfect candidate for writing a book or two for children. I like children okay, but I think I write well enough for everyone to read my words!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier