Road Trip!!

 We have a surgery date. August 30th, with a pre-surgical visit on the 28th. So, might as well travel a bit before the recovery period. The RV is loaded with our clothes and necessities, only the last minute stuff left to load.

Now I sit here waiting for my hair salon to open. I need a good trim and HeWho's beard is out of control, making him look a bit deranged. Can't travel like that! I planned to pick beans this morning, but it is raining off and on.

Last night, my mind made lists of things to do, preventing the much needed sleep. In the wee hours of the morning, around 1 am, I saw the flash of lightning at the edges of my curtains, then a rumble of thunder in the distance. Then just a few seconds later the rain on the roof. I don't normally hear rain fall inside unless I am in the bathroom with the sky light. Last night l listened as it hit the roof with the sound of  thundering horses. 

I said we don't usually hear the rain inside, but if we step out on the porch we always hear the rushing creek at the bottom of the ravine. This drowns out the sound of a normal rain. But last night the creek had competition. Twice the squalls of hard rain hit the roof as the storm moved through.

I had been  worried about my gardens in my absence, but now I am not so worried. I looked at the forecast and found that it will rain tomoorow and is raining right now, then another day later in the week. We only plan to be gone for about a week, but I packed enough for 10 days in case we change our minds. You never now and the only thing that would pull us back would be our medications, which have all been recently filled for 90 days.

The canines saw me loading clothes and supplies and are following me everywhere, lest they are left behind. Fat chance of that happening! They love road trips now. I think it is the close quarters and being close to us all day long while on the road. Bo no longer throws up in the first hour of the trip. He curls his little body close to my legs as we sit on the makeshift bed that is the dining booth. Eddie claims his prime location closest to me and Toni Louise stands at the end of our "bed" to watch her master drive.

Sometimes I think Toni is his navigator. I would be if I was sitting in the passenger seat, but they would howl in protest and then Toni would climb the barrier and try to position herself in her master's lap, Bo would feel obligated to tangle himself in the driver's feet and Eddie would perch calmly in my lap while I tried to control the other two. Sitting in the back is definitely easier ...... and I can snooze!!

My coffee time is up. We plan to see new places and only travel about 350 miles a day, so it should be a good trip. Now I am off to get my hair trimmed. I may or may not post while I am gone, depends entirely on the ammenities where we stay.

Comments

  1. I can't wait to hear about the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time. Don't let Toni Louise escape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She tried, but we caught her! Her heart just wasn't in it, that made it easy to catch her. Dora outgrew her temperary traveling container and got loose! Had to make a trip to walmart after we found her walking around on the stove. She is in a storage bin in the shower now.

      Delete
  3. Have a good trip and then safe home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long does it take to travel the 350 miles and will you have enough sight-seeing time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 5 hours, but we stop often to walk dogs and let the driver stretch, so about 7 hours. Eliminates driving in the dark and is not as tiring as trying to race to get to a place.

      Delete
  5. So happy to hear you have a little pleasure before dealing with the pain. My guy goes in next week for open heart by pass. Ugh. 12 weeks to full recovery. Back to cooking again. LOL Have a great trip and go where the wind blows you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture you posted tells me his recovery is going to be without drama. I bet the cat misses him!

      Delete
  6. I'm envious of your rain. have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are in Minnesota and it is hotter here than at home! THundering rain came down last night. It was quite loud in the RV!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier