Rain and Sweat

 I think my thermostat is broken. The one that regulates my body temperature. One minute I am sweating buckets, the next I am freezing. Our temperature here is pretty moderate. Only going to reach 72 today. I came in from just a few minutes outside (okay, make an hour) and my clothes were soaked. I jumped in the shower with cool water running. By the time the water runs through my hair and down my back it is hot. I even turn it to cold and shower. Then upon drying off, I am covered with sweat again. I dried off 4 times before putting clothes on. This is not normal! I had a box fan blowing in my direction the entire time.

Then we got on the road with the air conditioning at full blast on me. Went into a restarant to eat and suddenly I was covered in goose bumps and freezing! I am not normal!


We went out to dinner at a chop house we had wanted to try. I opted for crab cakes and it was so good. Too bad my belly filled before I finished, but It was just as good the next day for lunch.



HeWho was craving prime rib and he ate every bite! I tasted it and it was mighty tasty, too.

Rain has kept me inside for the past two days and it is rainy again today.

Having finished the garden in front of the She Shed and all the way down the drive on that side, I turned my attention to the other side of the drive. Most of it likes in the shade and I have a lot of hostas I can split. They look pretty sad right now, but they should start to grow next season and then the next season will find them tall and so wide they will touch each other.


This little section gets some late afternoon sun, so day lillies went here. Rocks are easy to come by, so I surrounded this patch with rocks, but later I will mulch it to the road. I am heavily invested in mulch!!

As you can see in the first picture, there is lots of sun on further up the drive. I am thinking cone flowers or black-eyed susans for that patch. That side of the drive is very narrow, then slopes down dramatically. I am hoping the flowers will eventually spread on down. 

Since I am stuck inside and it is chilly and damp, I will fire up the oven and make dog treats. Maybe even a cake for humans. Depends on how much I will sweat!

Comments

  1. Fingers crossed the deer don't find those hostas appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far so good. I haven't ad deer problems and I see them all the time on the road. I have lots of marigold and geranium plantes and supposedly they don't like the smell. I think someone in this community might be feeding them in order to hunt them in the fall. I had a camper who planted melons and corn and pumpkins just for the deer. He provided a salt lick and water as well. THey never ventured to the front of the park to eat my flowers. If I do get a problem, I will plant some things for them far enought away from my veggies. We have a bear that frequents us to plunder the trash and of course there are lots of rabbits. Martha, the boy cat helped a lot with the rabbits population when he was still among the living. I have seen a white cat hanging around here early in the mornings and at dusk. It is feral and I doubt it could be tamed. If a litter of kittens show up I might grab one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have accomplished so much. You had the dream and you did the work. So much beauty in your future (probably all summer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I look, I only see what needs to be done. When I take pictures, I am able to see what I have accomplished and that keepsme going!

      Delete
  4. I would take the prime rib over the crab cakes! I'm not a fishy kind of gal, except for fried catfish. Be careful not to work your green thumbs to the bone! You have made a lot of progress on your grounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care so much for red meat as HeWho does. He would eat steak or prime rib every day if he could. I love seafood and only eat it when we go out because HeWho loves it and can't eat it. It it his trigger for a bad case of gout. I coud eat my weight in crab meat!! Good thing I enjoy working in the gardens. Much more than I like housework.

      Delete
  5. I think your judicious planting is the key.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do a lot of research on the plants I decide to put in my garden, but trial and error works good, too!

      Delete
  6. I have days when I blow hot and cold too, usually when I have had too much rubbish (chocolate) the day before, but not always so I don't really know the reason. it is truly annoying to throw on a layer then tear it off again only to repeat the action all day and half the night. Your crab cakes look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweating I do is excessive. After a shower I dry off as many as four times. After I shower, then after I apply deodorant, and after I dry my hair, and again after I am dressed my arms are glistening and my face is dripping. Those crab cakes were so good! I got a bit too full on the salad, and had one cake left and half the sweet potato for my lunch the next day. They had a house tartar sauce that was different than any I have ever tasted. It had a lightness and some citrusy after taste. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sweat a lot too. menopause completely switched my inner temperature from barely perspiring and always tending to being a little cold to sweating buckets even if I'm just standing in the shade. it doesn't help that I take two medications whose side effects include intolerance to heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my medications lend to the problem, too. HeWho keeps telling me to sit down and cool off, that I work too hard. I find it hard to sit and do nothing and I still sweat, so ....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier