Packages and Surgery

 The story of the missing package continues ....

No word from FedX or Home Depot, other than the preprinted call tag from FedX to pick up the bathroom fan we never recieved. I had pretty much put it out of my mind. Walmart made me whole when they refunded the first package I didn't get. I figured HeWho could fight his own battle from the recliner for the fan.

I was outside, piddling in the garden, as is my routine when I heard a truck coming down the drive. It was a neighbor. He is a truck driver and he found the package from Home Depot when he came home form a run. He said he lived at house #4. See what I mean about the numbering of the various addresses here?

We chatted a moment, as one does and he admitted that he found another package, as well. It was my first package. This means that the FedX driver dropped off our packages at two different addresses, since they located the package of Juicy Fruit gum at the other address. Does this mean the FedX drivers just toss out packages at will, no matter the address?

I thought HeWho would be installing the new fan, but it still lingers on the porch. I suppose I should give him a break, since he had surgery just a week ago. His entire abdomen is one big bruise due to the blood thinners. It is quite impressive!

As happy as I was to have the surgery behind us .... we are just getting started on the next surgery. The first appointment is next week, then another early July for the ultrasound. That kind of kills the summer! The boat goes in to be refurbished early July and I just hope August will find us on the lake.

My twin nephews will soon be 6 months old! I was hoping to get a baby loving session in very soon, but unless they bring them to me, that won't be happening. Such is life. I just pray this second leg is as cooperative as the first one was. This is the leg with the blood clot. I will be happy to know it is gone and glad it remained stable.

Little did we know that retirement was going to be like a scavenger hunt to visit every medical facility in the state of Georgia.

Comments

  1. Exactly! Between my dentist appointments lately and our doctor visits... and let's not forget his TWO Cochlear implants... We are on the road a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems every week is an adventure we plan arond what ever appointment is next. I like to spend my days at home, with an occasional outing. I like routine.

      Delete
  2. Good thing you are not delivering HeWho to his surgeries like FedEx is delivering your packages! Tossing him out all willy-nilly where you "think" he belongs! Hard to believe your nephews are almost six months old. It seems like they were born yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get to see the babies on facebook and Whitney (my niece) is good about keeping me up to date. They are both just so fat and happy and 20lbs. each!! They remind me so much of my Jeff. He was just a very happy baby, rarely crying unless he was sick with an earrache. Always smiling and laughing and so fat he wheezed when he would breathe sitting up! The babies are quite vocal and will just chortle when you talk to them. Josiah is the more serious one and looks more like my nephew, while Jonah looks more like his mom and is always laughing.

      Delete
  3. Six months already! They'll be in school in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, time really does seem to speed up as we age. I remember my grandmother saying that and I thought she might be daft when I was a young girl. She was not a well educated woman, maybe 3rd or 4th grade, but wisdom was still in her words.

      Delete
  4. retirement is the only time people have the time for all that medical crap. and glad the package finally arrived.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier