Lost Packages, Chapter Two

 The saga of the missing packages continues. You recall that my regular FedX driver was taking some time off. I know this because he told me so. He was on his way to backing down the drive when I stopped him at the top of the drive where I was mulching enthusiastically (meaning I was covered in mulch up to my armpits).

This guy is a talker and I was in my mulch throwing zone. He must have been ahead of schedule as he settled in for a long chat. His dad is in kidney failure and requires dialysis. He is taking time off to learn how to administer it so his dad can be at home instead of a hospital. He is a bit worried that the condition might be hereditary. He is quite overweight himself and talked about changing his eating habits. Do I look like a priest? Why do people seem to want to confide in me?

During this time of misplaced packages, HeWho had ordered a fan to replace the one in the bathroom that has not worked since we moved in. Maybe he decided to order it from Home Depot just to test the waters. This package was reported to be delivered and he got a text to prove it. He just didn't get his package. He called Home Depot and was told they shipped it and he would have to notify FedX for any sort of satisfaction.

He did and his tracking # worked. He actually talked to someone. They texted a copy of the picture the FedX driver took of the package on the steps of an RV that is not familiar to us. My driver is still learning dialysis, so something must have trickled down through the bowels of FedX and the substitute driver went to the wrong address and retrieved one of the three packages sent to me from Walmart and brought that along with my dogfood to the correct address. He did not find the bathroom fan or the first of my packages. It was Glucosomine/chondrointin that I take for my arthritis and Walmart refunded my money. The second package was Juicy Fruit Gum for HeWho's addiction that replaced the vile tobacco habit. I always add a refill package to my order if it is under the required amount to get free delivery. The package was faded and had been through a some rain, but the contents were okay. I wish the best to whoever stole the supplements. If it was kids, I am sure they were disappointed to discover their haul was of no use to them.

Back to the illusive fan from Home Depot ....... They sent a text to HeWho yesterday that said something about being glad they could solve his issue. We were having a late lunch at a new Mexican restaurant that will be our new favorite. He was so mad about the text assuming all was well that he drove straight to Home Depot (much to the dismay of his wife who was itching to get back home and finish a project in the yard). I told the man that he would get no more satisfaction from his in person rant than he would from a text, but it all fell on deaf ears. The "solution" that Home Depot had come up with was for him to return the fan and get another one. The person he spoke to in person told him that FedX was the responsible party and would have to provide the refund.

Makes sense, they were paid to deliver and they failed to do so and now the package has been stolen by a human or a very hungry bear. I get it. The process has been initiated and will be slow and irritating. When I asked him if he should just purchase the fan while we were there, he pretended not to hear me and we left empty handed.

We were up at 5:00 this morning for his surgery date. He had to shower with the antibacterial soap and then we hit the road to get to the hospital by 6:30. I was hoping this meant he would be in first round of day surgery patients to roll through the OR. He was not. They finally rolled him out at 10:00. I retired to icy cold waiting room and sat down. I had already been sitting in a very uncomfortable chair in his tiny cubicle, my toes were frozen and my butt was numb. I knew it would be cold and had dressed accordingly in jeans, shirt and sweater, shoes and socks. Glad I did, or I would have been colder. 

I was afraid to leave, lest they call me to the recovery room to get the patient dressed and ready for the ride home. I should have left and gone to pick up the RX the doctor called in. We were there over 6 hours and I was cold and hungry, and had forgotten to take my morning RX as I made sure to get the patient ready to go.

Got to Walmart for the RX and the place was packed. Long line at the pharmacy and when it was finally my turn, one of the cashiers left. Then it took the little girl forever to get the prescrition out of the computer. Hydrocodone requires having your ID scrutinized and apparently a whole bunch of other stuff performed by her on the keypad. Then I grabbed some drinks and sandwiches for the ride home and found more lines to deal with. The self check out line was 10 deep, so I opted for a manned check out and got in a line with only one person before me with just a handful of items. Then I saw my cashier.

This guy is a chatter and he was involved in a saga with someone trying to escape. The woman in front of me and I decided not to make eye contact to get out quicker. 

I have had this guy before and he is not familiar with every department in the store. I was buying 10 bags of mulch on that occasion. That was fun, I had to show him how to find the barcode we needed and then when I asked for assistance loading, he suggested that I just do it myself. He did not know how to use the phone and I sort of snatched it from him and proceeded to "teach" him by just doing it myself.

Suffice it to say that neither of us were in excellent moods upon arriving home to find that UPS had left a call tag from Home Depot to return the fan we never got! We live to fight another day. The appendix situation has been dealt with. After this heals, the right femoral artery will be next. I am all a tither with anticipation!


Comments

  1. At least yo have the pleasure of blogging about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does Home Depot not understand that you cannot return a fan you never received? i'm glad you made it home safely after all that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose I would need a corporate mind to come up some something so insane!

      Delete
  3. Well, thank goodness that Juicy Fruit was okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a mess. would have been so much easier and simpler to just have gone to Home Depot and purchase the fan in the first place. good thing your regular driver is back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right about simply going to the store and purchasing the item. Fact is that we don't actually live close to most stores. While it would be nice to shop locally, the price point is significantly higher. If you offer free shipping, it makes life a little easier. That being said, if you live in a fairly remote place with confusing addresses ..... well, you get it. I am happy to know that even if my regualr driver is not back, the new substitute seems to know where we are.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier