Back to Normal

 So far we have 4 missing packages. I just got a notification of another delivery from Walmart. This one is for the very expensive dogfood that is poultry free for my allergy ridden Eddie. Now I will have to call Walmart and get another refund, since nobody told FedX they are dropping packages at the wrong address. One package for a new fan for the one in the bathroom is from Home Depot and they issued an inquiry to FedX. Bottom line here is that they have payment and we don't have what we paid for.

I put this down to tend to my daily chores and got carried away in a garden. Happens all the time. One minute I am fully engrossed in a blog, the next I am pausing for just a second to take care of feeding the turtle, then the dogs need water and might as well feed them, too. I go out on the porch to get dog food and suddenly I am pulling just one weed and decide to mow. I was just going to mow the front, but since the mower is already in the back, I decide I might as well mow it. Then I am on a roll and I mow the back, the front, the side yard...... this leads to watering and deadheading, to picking a handful of peas.

I am easily distracted with anything outside. I had just gone inside to rest when HeWho decides he is going to whack some weeds. Taking advantage of his empty recliner, I decide I need to clean floor. I am in my cleaning zone when he suddenly appears and heaves a box into the living room. "Did you order dogfood?"

He knows it is dogfood, obviously. I answer in the affirmative and he shoves the box across the floor and through the dog hair and sand I have just swept up and turns to leave. "Why are you putting this in here?" I ask. We keep the dog food in a trash can with a tight fitting lid in the back porch. When he asks me what I wanted him to do with it, I reminded him that we keep it on the porch. He sighs dramatically and picks the box up and puts it on the porch, opens it and takes the 24lb. bag out and as he is heading to the designated dog food area, I say "don't just put it on top of the open bag".

I say this because he did just that with the bag we just purchased from the bigger Walmart thinking I would not get my package because of the FedX driver that just dropped three other packages at the wrong address. We now have dog food aplenty.

I think my driver is back from vacation! Yay! The substitute driver had put our packages on Pounding Mill Lane, with the same house number. He even retrieved one other package from that address. That package had been out in the weather. The other two missing packages may or may not be on that doorstep, as well. I think we shall have a look-see today.

But, let's go back to the storage faux pas of HeWho makes more work for me in his efforts to "help" me. We store a good many staples on the porch in appropriate containers or cabinets due to the lack of storage on the inside. You might recall the new fridge that the men said was impossible to get into the old fridge space and now resides on the back porch.

It has been awhile since we bought the fridge and I designated it to beverages and frozen meats. Upon entering the porch, you have the choice of coming into our humble abode or further into the porch. I always take any beverages straight to the fridge on the porch when unloading supplies from the truck. If I have a bag full of meat products that don't need to be repackaged, I take them straight to the freezer of that smae fridge. HeWho prefers to take the simplest path and put everything on the table and kitchen counters, even the stove top and walk away, leaving the sorting and putting away to me.

I am opposed to this plan, as it makes a lot extra trips in and out for me. That being said, I do prefer to put things away in their proper place myself. That way I know it is done the right way and I don't find myself on a hunting expedition every time I cook a meal. But when it is obvious that cartons of canned beverages don't need to be brought in to be taken out .... Well, I am sure you see what I mean. HeWho will stand in the kitchen with the freezer door open and proclaim that we don't have anything to eat in there. Of course we do. This is where vegetables and such are housed. He is always looking for meat when he says that.

He will go out to the other freezer and look for something he wants to cook on the grill ..... this will entice him to ask me if we have a certain type of meat. He is the one looking into the contents hidden behind that freezer door. But, I pretty much know what I have in both freezers. I like to rotate my stock and take mental inventory when putting away items from a shopping trip. I have the beef sharing a shelf with fish, and the pork and chicken on the next shelf. Quick meals go in the door shelves. Inside there is vegetables and popsicles, ice cream and breakfast items. I like all my canned goods hanging out with like items together. My Dad would alphabetize his and he would change mine when he visited. Either way, I know where it all belongs and can't fathom why HeWho doesn't. He has lived with me for almost 49 years.

But, my FedX driver is back!! Things can go back to normal.

Comments

  1. You will never train HeWho. Thank goodness your FedX driver made his life easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are right about that! But, I will keep trying, ever optimistic.

      Delete
  2. HeWho probably thinks he deserves praise for carrying in your dogfood and groceries, even though he has made more work for you. And probably thinks you're hiding the meat from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only he would pay attention when I speak he would know things. He does respond well to praise, but I am loathe to give it to him!!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Joanne and Val, he can't be trained after all this time and probably thinks he is doing a great job bringing everything all the way inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't teach an old dog new tricks syndrome? I have disavowed him of thinking everything he does is a good job!

      Delete
  4. I like to think that being easily distracted is the sign of a creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might have to kick your side kick. You sure are a busy bee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, that would drive me nuts, having someone rearrange my pantry to suit himself when he doesn't even live there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier