Wild Bears Do Not Always Poop In The Woods!

 

My grapevine is growing. Starting to cling to the trellis. This grapevine is in a sunny spot between the tiny shed and the tool shed behind the carport. Not an area that we spend a lot of time in. There is also a clothesline HeWho put up for me. 

The clothesline is very high. Higher than I can reach, so it is not in use much. One day I will go out there with a ladder and lower it. One day, not at the top of my list of chores to be done.


I only had one trellis that I liked, but the vine was trying to find something on the far side (left) to cling to. I employed an old frog plant holder and one of my creations of last season. You can see the electrical hook ups for the RV and a side of the tiny shed. And the rocky clay soil.

I decided that some of the extra iris could go along side the shed and as I was about to go get the mower and the shovel I looked around. You can see how close the woods are. They is a trail that goes into the woodsand I think it might actually end up at the bottom of the ravine at the creek. I haven't ventured in that direction yet.


This part of the property is terraced and I was looking down and saw something on the ground. My first thought was a snake, then I decided it might be some sort of woodland creatures that had just been born ..... it wasn't moving. Should I go check it out? I took the picture and enlarged it.


Bear scat!! A bear pooped right here behind my sheds! I wonder if he did that after he went through our trash and spread it all over the side yard, then just went off to a den somewhere in those woods.

I will not be exploring that trail! Great placement of the grapevine! Maybe I should plant a garden for bears there. Some nice berries and tomatoes, maybe some watermelon and pumpkin. Yeah, I think not!

Comments

  1. Dang! Keep a close eye on those doggies and Dora Louise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs never get to that particular area of the property. I had plans to clear that path to see where it goes, but my curiosity has been squelched! There will always be wild life, no matter where you go. Mountains equate to bears and deer. The deer are easily discouraged. Other places deal with other predators just as deadly as a bear.

      Delete
  2. I would be very worried about bears in my yard, so worried I'd be putting up and electrified fence or moving far away. The grape vine is off to a fine start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know when you choose to live on the side of a mountain, there will most likely be bears and snakes to deal with. Ther are probably just as afraid of us as we are of them. Snakes will usually just slither away unless provoked, bears have their size to intimidate, but are usually nocturnal in the scavenger hunt for unattended garbage cans. I would be afraid that the power in an electric fence would just annoy a bear, but could kill one of my dogs should they come in contact with a fence powerful enough to deter something as big as a bear. The grapevine is looking good for a $2 clearance survivor!

      Delete
  3. two things I'm glad I don't have to deal with...bears and deer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth