No Place Like Home!

 Home again! We had a lovely trip, but I am happy to be home. Tomorrow I will need to mow. My vegetable garden was a bit thirsty, but still growing rapidly. My flower seeds came up while we were gone. I will have plenty to do!

Just as I had predicted, the hospital called while we were on the road and scheduled my procedure for next Tuesday. Still waiting to hear from the surgeon in Gainesville for HeWho's appendectomy ...... maybe we should hit the road again?

We took it easy and only drove 400 miles a day. The dogs enjoyed looking out the window, sitting next to me. I don't think Dora, the turtle enjoyed the ride! We traveled mostly secondary roads and the traffic was very low. The roads weren't great, so Dora sloshed around in her temporay home in the sink. 

She refused to eat the first couple of nights. Probably punishing me for making her come with us. I wasn't worried since they can go without food for a week. Not that I would let her do that! I offered dried shrimp, but she wanted live worms. She is a bit spoiled. She tried her first grape. Ate just a bit and left the rest in her water. So far she has not taken to vegetables.

Eddie's rash is creeping up his body again, so looks like we will need to order the expensive stuff. They do like their new food, though. Also pretty spendy, but they don't eat as much, so there is that.

Next trip will be south. I need to see my twin nephews again. The pictures on Facebook aren't enough! They are so big now with toothless grins. We will be able to see lots of family on this trip and I am looking forward to that.

Other things will have to happen before we make another trip. I was looking forward to a nice hot shower and bed when we stopped last night. HeWho handles the hook up was outside doing just that. I can't put the slide out to make the bed and closet available, so I fiddled around with the wi-fi and tried to check my thousand e-mails. The wi-fi was very slow and frustrating. Suddenly I heard some banging and clanging.

I thought to myself, "This can't be good." It wasn't. HeWho came in and let the slide out, then asked our dogs who had peed in the floor. I told him they had all relieved themselves when I walked them and had been on the bed with me since. Then he told me the towel was soaked. What towel? He had grabbed a towel from the bathroom, so I got up, grabbed another one and heard the water coming in.

He had said the connection to the water hose that hooks to the hydrant was hard to get at, but he finally got it hooked up. I don't know what he broke, but he broke something. I asked him why he decided to give the connection a beating for being difficult. He was not amused and didn't answer.

We microwaved some dinners and the microwave quit in the middle of one. I guessed it was mad at him for being mean to the water connection. I was still giggling to myself even though this meant no shower for me and apparently no food! I wasn't worried, there was ice cream in the freezer and I could totally justify it as my dinner.

Now I will get my shower and my bed!

Comments

  1. Always an adventure! So glad you are home, but you will be busy, busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Dora has settled in, and regains her appetite. Maybe Eddie will be able to relax, and perhaps lessen his rash. Ice cream is a good trade-off for no shower and no microwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eddie's new RX should be here tomorrow. The expensive one, but I can't stand to see him in such misery.

      Delete
  3. I'd forgotten you were going away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dora may still be too young for vegetable. I don't know about Dora's spacies but red ear sliders become vegetarian mostly when they become mature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know! She loves night crawlers and we have been buying fish bait just for her. She seems to like them alive. Fresh meat. Her other favorite is dried shrimp.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier