I Want My Money Back!!

Our trip was longer than we had planned. We only drove 400 miles a day, making three days of driving and 3 days back. I was happy to find seedlings that were not there when I left. I think these are impatiens, time will tell.

Two more pots, Hollyhock and Marigold.

Cosmos in two of the pots. My foot with blue nail polish.

I promise I planted more than one seed!!


 I have no idea what just happened with that picture. Creeping phlox was juat two tiny pots last year. I rescued the Dianthus last year for $1 a pot. They were in need of some life-saving TLC. I didn't expect them to survive, much less come back healthy and bigger!

This is what I found when we returned. The vibrant colors of the Dianthus blooms is making the mulch look sad. The mulch has been purchased and only one of the 8 bags remain. I spent a good bit of time freshening all the mulch down by the house.

I dug dirt, watered gardens, got rid of the remaining leaves in the past few days. Every muscle in my body hurts!! It has been three days and I am continuing to do the same thing every day, shouldn't I be better soon? I am not happy with the lack of energy and all the aches and pains! I want my money back!

Comments

  1. I tossed out or planted a bag of marigold seeds my neighbor gave me last year. I got two sprouts out of all that. the dianthus responded well to your touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to gather Marigold, Cosmos and Zinnia seed at the end of the season, the next season I literally threw handfuls into plant beds and they would come back. I tried that here with a coffee can full of Marigold seeds and got nothing. So I am planting a pot at a time, then replanting into garden beds. It is a lot of work, but satisfying to see all the little seedlings getting bigger. Dianthus was cheap, but they are so pretty and full this year!

      Delete
  2. At the old house I had dianthus that came back every year. Since you're living south of Missouri now, I would think that the warmer winters would ensure that would happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get pretty cold in the mountains, so I think the climate is only a little warmer when all is said and done.

      Delete
  3. Well... you have some nice pots of dirt, undisturbed by plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only one that was completely bare. I will give it until the weekend, then plant something else in it. I have only 3 tomato plants and counted 19 tiny tomatoes yesterday. My sweet peas have bloomed and are vining up. I am waiting for that first delicious batch!! With sliced tomatoes straight from the vine!

      Delete
  4. That bed is looking so pretty now with all the dianthus spreading itself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier