Bloomer Blessing

 

Bless my bloomers is definitely my motto. Much work awaits me in this stretch of garden. Spring brings so many garden chores that are labor intensive. True enough that you can build on the previous years efforts, but a lot of my perenials have not returned. Mulch is needed here.


But other things pop up that require immediate attention, like covering the drain pipe that will direct the water down the drive and under the carport so that it ends up in the ravine. When the guy with the bobcat dug out the side of the embankment to create my parking spot, he dislodged the drain and the water from heavy rains has gushed through the carport making it a muddy mess.

I was out there digging a trench to place the pipe and HeWho happened upon me. He dug some and I dug some then he decided we needed river rock to cover the drain. Have I mentioned that he is not a fan of manual labor?

He was all set to hop in the truck and go get said rocks. The voice of reason (that's me) insisted price checking before we set out on this particular adventure. I leashed the dogs and we headed to Home Depot. If you buy 10 bags they are cheaper, so we got 12.

The bags are heavy and he backed down the drive to let me get the canines situated, then headed back up the drive to unlaod the bags along the way. And this is how he hurt his back. The bags are heavy, I dont think I could heave one up into my arms or on my shoulder, but I can drag it.

They have sat there waiting for three weeks. Today I took matters into my own hands and this is the result.


That is 10 bags. Two bags wait on up the drive, but I think we need at least 12 more bags. I like the way it looks, but I worked up a good sweat just ripping them open and dumping them. 

Rain sent me inside to wash dishes and cook a nice dinner. This is my view from the kitchen window. I love these wild flowers that grow out of the sandy clay and rocks. I played with some filters because the picture did not do it justice.


This filter was better. I admired the fowers while I peeled peaches for a cobbler and then prepared a cornish game hen for the oven. Since I had to turn the oven on for the hen and the cobbler, I threw in a sweet potato casserole. Time to eat it all and I couldn't swallow. I was hungry, but my throat would not cooperate. Good thing I enjoy making food, even if I can't swallow it.

My endoscopy results came back and there were polyps in my esophagus, but they were benign. Just occasionally my esophagus with spasm and close up. You would think I would at least lose weight with this!!

Comments

  1. The river rock does look nice. Bloomers made me think of "granny pants" from long ago days when they were made of cotton and had elasticised legs just above the knee and were called bloomers, so that sign would be appropriate right beside the washing line too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I like the sign. Double meaning. The river rock does look good. The price of rock has sky rocketed around here. We had assumed the bobcat guy would use some of the rock delivered to cover the drain. You know what they say about assuming, makes an ass of 'u' and 'me'.

      Delete
  2. You know you would be bored if everything was done, and "just right." You wouldn't know what to do with yourself! How rude of your esophagus to act up, right after you made a pie. It's the Jerry Seinfeld of esophaguses, to refuse a bite of pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was looking forward to some warm cobbler with vanilla ice cream melting on top! Gardens are never done. They just evolve according to my whimsy. I will be working along thinking I know what I want to do and suddenly I will have an epiphany and go in a different direction.

      Delete
  3. oh, throat issues! I have a twitchy throat. sometimes when I swallow, a sensitive spot will get activated and I go into a coughing and sneezing fit, my vocal chords freeze up. I'm not choking and it does pass but what a pain in the ass and embarrassing when it happens in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That throat tickle is awful. I keep cough drops close at hand because I will pee myself after coughing so hard. The esphogeal spasm will hit me when I least expect it. It feels like I have something blocking the entrance to my esophagus. When the bite I have tried to swallow finally passes through it hurts intensely. My Dad had the same thing. He had an endoscopy annually and they would stretch the opening. Then he developed cancer. Stomach cancer, but the tumor was at the end of his esophagus, blocking it. This is the reason I get screened so often.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth