Pondering Many Things

 

My new ceiling fan ...... almost done. He waited a day before he pulled that piece up into place to cover the wires. Only took three days!!


The old one was pretty pathetic. I wonder if this was rated for outdoors. It was here when we got here, but the porch was so full of boxes, it was the last thing to worry about. There are two of them. I wonder how long before the other new one is in place .....

It is official, my cutlery and huge supply of parchment paper along with whatever else was in that box is not here. I would be hard put to remember everything I packed in that box. My home made magnetic spice holder is not here. I made it out of  cookie sheet and those small magnetic cans they sell at Dollar Tree. They no longer carry the small tins and even though they were only $1 for two and didn't cost that much ....

So, now I will buy silverware (or, more correctly, stainless steel ware) and parchment paper. I will always wonder what else was in that box.

I have been feeling pretty crappy of late. I have no appetite and feel full all the time. Not very energetic, either. Vague symptoms that I would normally ignore if I could still get things done. Walking up the drive feels like I am climbing Everest. Not that I have ever climbed Everest or anything steeper than my ravine, but my imagination still works. Unfortunately my memory is still sharp and these are some of the symptoms my Dad had when they found his stomach cancer.

I have a colonoscopy and endoscopy scheduled for June. My mother died when she was 69. My sister died when she was 69. I am impatiently waiting for my 70th birthday, so I can get past this morbid thought.

We went out to eat at our favorite dining establishment for brunch. It was a buffet. This meal will fulfill me for the day. This is the place where our bill flew onto another guy's table and he paid it! We really like our server and usually eat the fish on Friday nights there. We parked in front of our favorite Mexican diner in the same shopping strip. My hairdresser is there, too. I always look for the cow that was grazing in the parking lot just to prove I saw it.

I mentioned the Mexican diner:


I took this picture from inside the truck and the sun was bouncing off the dashboard, making it hard to read.


This isn't much better, but I was laughing at the third item. The Pork Bolw. The sign looks like a printer made it for them. You would think they would have caught the spelling mistake. This is not the only one I have seen lately. I saw a sign that I think was painted on the window in another eating establishment boasting their new hours. 

Seems they are now open Saturday 'thur' Sunday. I was confused on many levels. At first I thought they were open on Saturday, Thursday, and Sunday. Then I realized they meant Saturday through (thru) Sunday. Only 2 days? Hardly seems worth the trouble. The sign was in two windows flanking the front door and a handmade sign announces "We are now open on Sundays". Does this mean they were previously only open on Saturdays? I am pretty sure they are open on Fridays, but who knows?

Comments

  1. Remember the days when people hired proof readers? sigh. hope your "scopy's" go well and show nothing untoward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new ceiling fan looks modern, and the old one droopy and tired. Sorry you anticipated finding your silverware all this time. At least you have closure now! Hope your tests are uncomplicated, with positive results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Americans are almost functionally illiterate. decades of defunding the public school system, refusing to pay teachers a decent wage and spelling and grammar are out the window. hope you feel better soon and it's not something terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier