Photogenic, That's Me!

 

Hi everyone, it is me, your favorite story teller, Mr. BoJangles. Since we are all friends here, just call me Bo, the cute one.

I have been stuck inside a lot lately. The air outside is quite cold. I don't mind it as much as Eddie does and would like to stay out longer, but not all by myself! I like to run and run and chase Eddie and Toni in my yard. They say it is too cold.

Mom doesn't think it is too cold, but Eddie pointed out to me that she wears shoes. Do us dogs need shoes? I don't know if I would like shoes, but if it meant my playmates would stay out with me, I am willing to give them a try. Our Dad agrees with the other dogs and he wears shoes ... this is confusing.

So, we play indoors. As you must know, if you read this, Mom recently washed all my wubbies, so I have lots of them to take to Dad. He will throw them for awhile, but he tires of the game faster than I do. Toni has a secret lair behind Dad's recliner. She dragged one of our blankets back there and it is just enough room for her. I find this pretty selfish! Eddie and I like the loveseat Mom usually sits on.

Eddie likes to sit right next to Mom and I like to climb on the cushions behind her back. This way, I can quickly see if she has anything to eat and offer to help her. I like to lay my sweet little head on her shoulder and snuggle in as close as I can get. She says my whiskers tickle her neck and she giggles. She tells Dad to look at me and how sweet I am, but he just gives us a quick glance and turns back to his phone. Mom says it is impossible to enjoy my sweetness with so small a look. Mom is always right.

Eddie is feeling much better after his unfortunate surgical procedure. More than that, though, the medicine Mom gives us every day is beginning to act on our itches. We don't feel the need to scratch and nibble our skin! Mom uses peanut butter to hide the pills in. She thinks we do not know this! She is wrong about that! Toni was the first one to discover that tiny white pill in the peanut butter. She tried to spit it out, but the gob of peanut butter was stuck to the roof of her mouth and she accidentally swallowed it while trying to get the peanut butter off.

Mom noticed and switched to crunchy peanut butter. This way we can't tell if our tongue is feeling the pill or a piece of peanut. Mom is the smartest person I know! We just take the pill, along with the peanut butter now and don't try to find the pill. Now we are all feeling better!


Do you see this? My monkey wubbie that I call George has his arms around Eddies neck! Mom did this! She wanted Eddie to get down and play with me. George had sticky hands and when you put them together they stay that way. 


Eddie played along, but he refused to get down from the sofa. We play bite each other all the time. Eddie will growl and show me his teeth, but he would never bite me. Toni will, though, but that is another story for another day. You can see our Dad in the background with his phone. If we get too loud he will tell us to "knock it off". Which is exactly what I was trying to do, knock my wubbie off  Eddie's neck!


I saw Mom with her phone, taking our picture. I stuck my tongue out at her! Eddie refused to look at her, he says that only encourages her to take more pictures. He says if we move a lot her pictures will be blurred and she will give up.

I kind of like to have my picture taken, as I am quite photogenic! Eddie had to teach me this new word that we heard Mom say when she was telling Dad about this picture. I must say that she is quite right about me!

Comments

  1. Darling Bo--"photogenic" is quite a mouthful. How about picturesque? So French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning a lot of new words in English, but French? That wold be okay for a French Bulldog, but not me!!

      Delete
  2. Bo, you really are a cutie and I am glad that medicine is working so you all don't itch and scratch so much. My cat Lola appreciates her itch medicine too and doesn't run and hide anymore when I bring it towards her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the pill, since it comes with peanut butter. Eddie had to have ear medicine and I hope I never have to be subjected to that! Mom has to squirt some ear cleaner in his ear, then clean it out before she even gets to the medicine part, and that goes in his ear, too!

      Delete
  3. Yes, you are cute, but George is upstaging you with his Eddie hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George is y very favorite wubbie! It is the wubbie Eddie gave to me when I was a tiny puppy. I am all grown up and george is still bigger than me!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold