Fridge Saga Continues

 Another delivery attempt is set for this Thursday for my new refrigerator. I hope they can accomplish it this time. 

I like to do things in order. In order to get my extra space in my cabinet, the new fridge needs to be in place. In order to finish assembling my coffee bar, new fridge needs to be here. In order for the lady of the house to be happy, new fridge needs to be in place.


This one of the pieces of the coffee bar. This will be the sides that hold up the main shelf, or table top. HeWho will be sawing off one side to create two "legs". The side most visible will be wider, with just about 4" for the other side leg. The top is cut form this same board. The two shelves will be cut from the other piece and I will have some left to play with.


I used bees wax for the finish. I love it! I didn't want to use poly, as it will yellow with time. The bees wax is perfect! I might make a charcuterie board out of a piece and finish it with olive oil. I doubt I will be setting out a display of meats and cheeses for just the two of us, but when company comes, it would be fun.

Now that the weather is becoming so pleasant, I am anxious to put together an outdoor kitchen to house the grill and pizza oven. I noticed some heavy duty solid plastic pallets on Market place. I think they were 3' square and only $3 each. I think that could make a nice "floor". I told HeWho drives that I only wanted 9 of them and then the poles to put a roof over them. Just tin. He stared at me like he couldn't hear me, you know, his standard look whenever I mention something involving the necessity for him to leave his chair.

Just a sneak peek at my coffee bar, I will take more pictures when I finish it.


Comments

  1. I cant' wait to see the entire coffee bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems so far away! It is cold today. 48 degrees and it will be like moving a mountain to get HeWho hayes to be cold outside to cut the shelves. He would cut them inside if I alloed it! That is not gong to happen!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You and me, both! I seem to have spent my entire life motivating men to help me do the things I can't do. I would happily cut theshelves my self, but my hand will not holf the weight of the skill saw.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Got another just like it! $20!!!! I am so impressed with my bargaining skills!

      Delete
  4. The beeswax makes a nice finish. I hope you get progress on the outdoor kitchen/pizza oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really happy with the finish, just want to be finished!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold