Are You Kidding Me?

 I woke early on the day that really was Sunday. I thought about going back to sleep as I watched Mr. BoJangles through the slit of one eye. He was on my pillow watching carefully for my eyes to open. He stared for awhile, then settled to nap himself, his eyes closing.

But, the refrigerator was coming today!! You will be happy to know that suddenly Dish came back on the air. I doubt there was a cyber attack, I would surely have seen that on the computer somewhere, probably everywhere. But that's the information they put out there for subscribers who called. Just like Covid became the most valid excuse to miss work, cyber attacks are the new go-to excuse for bad service.

Of course this didn't happen before HeWho had called Direct TV to subscribe. I was more concerned about unloading my fridge and reloading and wondering just when it would arrive. I don't really know when the call came to set the appointment, I was busy arranging a spot on the porch to put the old one. Excited because I would be able to gain about one square ft of cabinet space by putting all the beverages in the porch fridge. Doesn't sound like a lot of space, but I am happy!

I opened both my eyes to prepare to swing my feet over the side of the bed. I am thinking my eyelids must make noise because Bo leapt from my pillow like someone had blown a whistle. I lifted my Eddie to the floor while Toni and Bo made joyful noise announcing that Mom was up. HeWho sleeps until the crack of noon did not appreciate their song.

Had my coffee and then started to get ready for new fridge. I even cleaned my bathroom! As you might not know, it is right there across the minscule hall. I don't know these delivery men, but I don't want them thinking I am a slob! By the time the master rose from the covers, I was finished with the bottom, figuring I could remove the freezer items closer to the arrival.

I cleaned as I went and scrutinized things that had been there since we moved here. They had gotten lost in the back. Some were not even opened! Like the can of meal worms that was way in the back behind the eggs. They are still good. Dora was not pleased and refused to eat them. She wants big nightcrawlers and we are out. Can't go get some now, the new fridge is coming!!

I made breakfast and fed the man of the house and this when he tells me the delivery time is 2pm-6pm. it was noon and I was done. So I did what any sane person would do. I picked up Eddie and retired to my bedroom for a nice nap. Bo tried to join us, but we shut the door in his face! He is not a good napper.

I heard the phone ring. How could I not? It was the phone of HeWho can't hear. "They are on the way." he said as he was coming down that three step hall. Eddie and I were ready to get up anyway.

I asked if he knew where the cooler was or even some insulated bags. I had already used an insulated box that morning. He sighed deeply and went out to the car to retrieve one bag. And, no, he didn't hurt himself. I was left to my own devices and created a box with a plastic liner to put the frozen food in.

Did he help? No, he did not. Finally done while He was outside acting like that guy with two flashlights motioning the planes in. You know, a manly chore. Soon he was back in his recliner. Phone rang again. I heard only his side of the conversation. "No, take it back. No, that's okay, just reschedule the delivery."

WHAT????????? NO!!!!!!!!!!. They said the inside pieces were all broken. WHAT? How did they know? They unpacked the box at the top of the drive and were going to walk it down my driveway! Not a good idea, as it is very steep. Why not just back the truck down the drive? I don't think a refrigerator packed in a box with all the styrofoam protecting it was damaged. I think they were afraid to back the delivery truck down the drive and then when they took a good look at the drive didn't want to attempt to walk it down. On a handtruck, it could easily get away from them and end up on the hood of the our truck or RV. If they used that sling thing to carry it between them, it would only take one mis-step and they would both fall and roll down the drive with the fridge. 

Either way they didn't want to attempt it. When I proposed this scenario to HeWho, he listened, as I spoke all the parts of the two guys pondering failure. Upon finishing my skit, all he said was, "I think they were Mexican." I told him to add an accent. Not politically correct, I know and it was not intended to offend anyone. I am sure those guys aren't the only ones with limited driving skills.

I have finished re-loading old fridge, or should I say ONLY fridge? I am profounly annoyed at this turn of events.

Comments

  1. That sounds really suspicious. Until I recall that when my stainless steel side-by-side FRIG II arrived, the delivery guys managed to put a dent in the front of the door. They were going to give me a replacement, but Hick signed a hush-hush deal with them for $100 store credit. Meanwhile, I see that dent several times a day, stoking my current level of bitterness...

    Unless they dropped your fridge during the time nobody was watching them, it seems odd that the innards were broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been known to take appliances with minor damage to the outside for a discount, however, I do not think it was damaged in the least. These guys were just not adept at backing up and thought it might be easier to walk it down. I have pulled a wagon up the hill and then when I wanted to go back down I had to let the wagon go in front of me and hang onto the handle while pullng back. The wagon was empty and it was hard to keep it form pulling me down the drive. A heavy appliance would have had both of them on the ground in seconds. HeWho knows how to back in should have met them at the top and backed the truck in. He was too busy holding that chair down. I was the one who did all the prep work and I was most unpleasant about it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Another delivery is pending for Thursday of this week, I hope they send a different crew this time. I will meet them at the top and suggest that HeWho knows how to drive in reverse to back them down.

      Delete
  3. we got agood eal on central air conditioner unit in back yard. The guy said, "Nobody will notice the dent, and it won't affect the way it runs." Really, tell me this as you are installing it?! I should have asked for a kcik back too. Hope you are up and runningwith your new fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No new fridge is gracing my teeny kitchen. Supposed to be here Thursday. You should have asked for an additional discount! I always do if something is dented and still usable. I even ask about Senior discounts! I had one young lady sneer at me and tell me that old people just want everything. Another teaching moment for me ..... I doubt she will be saying that again!

      Delete
  4. This is taking way too many mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! We are in the south, though and things down here are not happening fast!

      Delete
  5. I hope you get that new fridge before you get to read this. Undamaged too. my washing machine had a tiny unnoticeable dent on the side that is never seen, it was the floor display model, the only one left and the salesman knocked another $200 of the already reduced sales price. she still works like new and is almost 26 years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take a discount. Only the front will show. But they told HeWho manned the phone that all the plastic drawers and shelves were broken. No discount would have been deep enough for that!

      Delete
  6. I think I would have walked up the drive to inspect the damage myself and talk to those guys. how could the insides be all broken unless they had dropped it or knocked it over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I would have hiked up there, but I was cooking and the delivery seemed like the better option for HeWho is an idiot to handle! I suppose I shouldn't call him an idiot, but if the moniker fits .....

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth