MOO!

 I have been cutting my own hair for quite some time. A few weeks ago I went to a salon that was recommended by the nurse in the vascular surgeon's office. Her hair looked fine, but it was long and mine is short.

I hated the haircut. Really hated it. I could do a better job and had been for some time. She didn't get the back short enough. Not length-wise, but she didn't cut it close enough to my head. When it started growing out, it was too bulky. The top and sides as well.

So, this morning I had an appointment with a salon closer to home. I got up and got the day started and left for my appointment. I didn't wake The Patient, I knew the canine's opera would be sufficient. I had posted a question on the community page and got over 100 responses. I picked the one that had the most positive reviews.

I was down the side of the mountain and on the main road when I realized I had forgotten my phone. I toyed with thoughts of returning to get it, but was afraid The Patient might want to join me on my quest for better hair. 

Jessica washed, cut and styled me to a fair-thee-well and I was pleased with the result. This salon is located behind my favorite Mexican restaurant and across from a liquor store. There are several shops in this little center with a big parking lot. You know I am leading up to something.

I was sorely disappointed that I had not returned for my phone! I was pulling out of the parking lot, which was fairly busy when I noticed the cow grazing on the grass at the edge of the parking lot. A black cow, no fence, munching away on the grass and then the hedges.

And me with no way to record it! No evidence to show you. No way to prove it to The Patient. He was dressed and waiting for me and ready to go out for lunch. We had to pass the the strip center where I was earlier and sure enough, the cow was still there! She was just strolling around the parking lot. We were moving too fast to get a picture.

It is a lovely day and I am headed up the hill to the She Shed to pop open some more moving boxes .... still no cutlery, but today could be the day!

Comments

  1. Kathy I'm with you on the hair cut. I cut my own hair for years and because its thick and has a little natural curl it was fine. But now I have problems with my shoulders and have been going to the walk in salons. They vary from great cut to great in two weeks. I hate paying when I used to get it free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid $40 for the unsatisfactory cut and $50 for this one. My hair is fine and fly away, so it needs some sort of product to maintain a style. A really good cut is a necessity. Long hair would be easier to maintain, but I get so hot when I work in my gardens. I wish I had a curl to my hair!! I know what you mean about the shoulders and having to lift your arms up high to cut your own hair.

      Delete
  2. I went back this week for another "haircut". The stylist suddenly realized what I wanted/needed and when finished charged me for half a haircut. Let's see if she can repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my research and this salon offers "trims" free to loyal clients. But at $50, they should!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new haircut, and condolences for missing the cow photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed not to get a photo! This cow looked like she was pretty savvy and not at all afraid of people. If The Patient had been with me, I would have gotten out of the car and approached her to pet her. Cows are pretty docile animals. Bulls can be, too. When I was about 4 we were living with my grandparents and I went missing. They found me in the cow pasture petting a bull I had named "Curly". I had pet him through the fence before and decided to get closer. My mother was so mad at me!!

      Delete
  4. Whenever I wanted my hair short and close to the head I would just ask to have it cut to a one inch length all over, or two inches. and then it would curl all over. Now I just keep it long and tie it back because I hate having to go for a $65 trim several times a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long hair is easier to keep. I usually had mine clipped up and off my neck when it was long. My hair is straight as a board and very fine. She cut mine as close as she could without clippers in the back. The sweat can just roll through it and down my back. The top is just long enough to style with the blow dryer. She complimented the shape of my skull! I had never considered my skull to be pretty!

      Delete
  5. I usually only get one haircut a year in late spring. I get it cut short to keep it out of my face and off my neck in the summer and just let it grow out. I'm thinking of getting a different short cut this time though I'm not sure how it will look as it grows out. Maybe I'll have to start getting more than one haircut a year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I ever got past that awkward growing out stage where you look unkempt, I don't know that I would cut it again. My sister had let hers grow out and it looked pretty unkempt when i viewed her body. I will always regret not taking over and dressing her and doing her air and make-up before the showing. She just looked forlorn and thrown away, not at all like my sister was in life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a mooving story. At least He who didn't think you were halucinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad the cow was still there as we drove by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier