Injured, Unable To Work

 We discovered a new place to eat the other day. They had all-you-can-eat chicken wings on a Tuesday night, so we decided to give them a try. They are tucked way back in a strip of other businesses and we needed Siri to find them. The name of the place is Crazy Eights.

The name came from the size of their family. The parents, four daughters and two sons and they all work in the restaurant. The place was clean and they were friendly. We got there early and only refilled our wings once. Tried four flavors. I got the grape jelly bbq ones. They were good,the sauce was very tasty, but I told the man he needed to marinate them longer. Then I tried the garlic parmesan. They were a little too strong in flavor, but good. The Patient got the rotisserie and the buffalo. He liked them both.

You know how you tire of eating the same old thing? I noticed a new recipe on Pinterest and it looked promising. It involved a frozen chicken breast and appealed to me because there was no need to thaw the chicken. Only 4 ingredients and it cooks up quickly. You grate the frozen breast, then a large potato, add 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and an egg. Mix it all up, heat a skillet and coat it with oil. Pat out the mixture and sear them in the pan.

Add some veggies and you have a meal. I decided to try it this afternoon, since The Paient was hungry. Should have been easy enough, but I managed to grate the end knuckle of my middle finger on my right hand. No big deal, I cleaned it up and applied a bandaid. Washed the grater and was all set to finish that frozen chicken breast. Then I saw that I had bled through the bandaid. Grabbed a paper towel and wrapped it around my finger and applied pressure. Changed the bandaid and grated a little more before I needed another bandaid. Then I found some gauze pads and heavy duty bandage tape and wrapped it up and sealed the end. Finished grating the chicken, then the potato, added the cheese and egg. Ready to form into patties. I had to rely on my left hand and three fingers on right hand.

As they were cooking I changed the sodden bandage again! After serving up dinner, I took a nice close look at my finger and saw that I had scooped out two big chunks of flesh out of my knuckle. I washed it and applied neosporin and put a giant bandaid on it.

What a shame, I am injured! Who will wash the dishes? I was going to put clean sheets on our bed, but now that will have to wait. What will I do with rest of the day? I suppose I could read blogs and stretch out in front of the TV. After all, it will be there for me tomorrow. 

That is what I lamented loud enough for The Patient to hear me. I figured he might try to wash dishes, it goes without saying that making the bed up with fresh linen would be overwhelming for him. So far he has agreed that everything will still be waiting tomorrow. Clearly I need to work on my approach. Perhaps I should just tell him to wash the dishes.

Oh, forgot to mention that the Crazy Eight family lives in an RV. 44 feet, but still, that would be just a bit bigger than my space and there is only two of us!

Comments

  1. Kitchen things cause grate injuries. Sorry you're getting no back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to town on that grater! Then my knuckle made contact. Myhand was quite cold from the frozen chicken breast and it took a few seconds to feel the pain, then came the blood! No longer actively bleeding, it is oozing clear fluid and very sore today.

      Delete
  2. Yikes! That hurts me, just reading about it! The finger part, not the eating of wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woman you must lay down the law. Or serve himon paper plates. Will you please leave a comment at my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I try to publish the comment, I get an "unable to publish at this time".

      Delete
  4. So how was that grated chicken patty thing? I sliced the first knuckle of my index finger on my right hand pretty deep trying to cut a particularly difficult piece of textured glass. It needed stitches but who can afford emergency room stitches and besides I was running late on the job so I just wrapped it up and kept working. It healed eventually but formed a lump of scar tissue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken patty was quite tasty, though I did wonder if my own flesh was in the mix. I will use that recipe again, but without my own flesh being involved.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier