He Doesn't Believe Me

 Progress on my coffee bar is agonizingly slow. Since the sun was shining today and my house is too hot, I took myself outside. It was so nice with a light breeze. I had plenty of chores to accomplish that had fallen by the wayside due to the weather and The Patient.

I decided to poop scoop the yard. It was as bad as a yard gets when it is too cold to maintain a schedule of picking up poop. Not the worst I have ever seen, you may recall that I once lived in the frozen tundra with two big dogs and two little dogs. All that aside, it had to be done and I am only one in my family who will do it with any diligence. Speaking of frozen ..... it is much easier when it is frozen!

I picked and raked and picked again, taking note that the grass was starting to grow tall in some patches. I rolled the mower out and decided that if the battery started, I would mow. Mowing is one of those mindless chores that allows my mind to wander and I enjoy yard work.

I mowed, then raked and mowed in the opposite direction. Raked again, discovering hidden little treasures the dogs had left. After I felt like the yard was now nice and clean, I mowed it diagonally and took care of all the pieces of spiky grass that had laid down under the wheels of the mower. I felt very accomplished when finished and Eddie  produced a pile of poop right away to show his appreciation.

As I was cleaning the yard I discovered two planters I had planted tulips in. Ten lovely tulips were coming straight up. I gathered the planters and the tool for planting and headed up the driveway.

I planted them in the upper garden, then headed back down. Actually I made three trips up the driveway and back before I grabbed the shovel and garden rake to smooth out some gravel and set some steps to reach my car without having to walk all the way to the driveway and then approach the car from the rear. I decided I really should have been outside when the guy with the bobcat was forming my parking place. Whatever, I will make it work.

The Patient was learning how Swanson and Stouffers came up with frozen dinners, all the while holding that recliner to the floor. After some encouragement (incessant nagging) from his wife, he finally cut one of the live edge pieces to form the side and the top.

And that is the progress he made for the week. He is retired, you know. He embraces this status. I promised him that it would not go away if he did a few chores. I don't think he believes me ....


Comments

  1. Tell him your blog followers want to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let him know, but warn yu that he is not easily moved to action!

      Delete
  2. Count yourself lucky that he didn't come out to poop in the yard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite the fact that we are quite secluded here, that would take too much effort on his part!

      Delete
  3. I thought you retired, which means to relax and enjoy your days in leisure. Woman you are in pioneer mode. You are always looking for a project. Want ot see your coffee bar. great idea,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am retired, not dead! And you should talk! You can't seem to stop teaching and writing! If I sit too long my joints tend to scream!

      Delete
  4. Well somebody has to hold that recliner down! Can't have it flying away. But you're right, retirement doesn't go away if you do a few chores now and then. I should know, I've been retired now for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me a little crazy, I do all my stuff and still look for things to do. How he manages to do nothing is a mystery. I would be bored out of my mind!

      Delete
  5. so much easier to just cut the boards yourself unless all you have is a hand saw though I can't envision the lounge sitter using a hand saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hand saw, you are funny! The Patient is not a fan of using anything that does not make noise! We have a jig saw, a chop saw and a circular saw. Those are the ones we brought here, there were more left at the campgroud that the greedy man who bought the place took over.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier