Who Left The Dogs In?

 You might be wondering about the dogs and Dora the turtle. When we discovered we would have to go a day early, I didn't have time to arrange boarding. Not only that, my dogs have never been boarded and have not had the kennel cough vaccine.

We tossed ideas around. Should we take the motorhome? Could we find a park close by? I started researching possibilities while HeWho was pondering about things like cameras and such. I was only half listening. I was trying to find something close enough to be able to navigate from the hospital and back easily enough.

HeWho loves his new RING. So much so that he bought a second unit for the back yard. Why? I suppose he is easily entertained and he could watch the dogs do their business. He set the unit up in the house and connected the feed to his phone and was excited to show me footage of me sitting with my dogs.

He showed me how we could watch and listen to them in our abscence. I was looking into hotels that accepted pets. Then we talked about the ruckus they would make barking and disturbing others in a strange place if we left them alone for any amount of time.

Against my wishes, we left them home under the watchful eye of the camera. I was quite anxious about it and we checked on them every hour or so. They have plenty of water and food and pee pee pads everywhere. Not only can we see and hear them, but we can talk to them. 

I don't participate in teasing them with my voice. Mr. BoJangles got very upset at the sound of a voice he could not locate and started screaming. The other two were barking and looking around, but poor little Bo was so upset. It was cruel.

These dogs of mine are so pampered! They sleep, they eat, they poop and we are witness to it all. I am still anxious to get home, though. 

We are waiting for the nurse practitioner to come in and do a vascular mapping to make sure everything is flowing properly and for HeWho to get up and take a stroll around the room. He COULD have walked a bit after 5 yesterday, but he chose to have me and the hospital staff attend to him and meet his every need. Did I mention that he has a very low tolerance for pain?

He would have had them shoot more morphine ito his IV this morning, but is wife said NO. I knew if he was still taking morphine, he would not be going home. He relented and took the hydrocodone instead. He is moving around with ease and slept pretty good. I think he is just afraid of putting weight on his leg. He will have to, though if he wants to go home!

I am ready to go! And if you a wondering about Dora, she is fine. We can see her, as well. I suppose that would be the good thing about living in a small space.

Comments

  1. Yes, I WAS wondering about the dogs. Sorry Dora, you were not on my radar. I suppose I assumed you would be fine in your bowl. I'm sure the dogs were more comfortable at home than if you had boarded them, or had a stranger come in to check on them.

    Good to hear that HeWho is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely happier at home, it just made me anxious. I am not sure how they would react to a stranger coming in the door. Toni would have been fine, she likes everyone. Cujo would have bitten them, but I don't knw about Bo and Eddie. They would have hidden, I think.

      Delete
  2. Bad me, I never gave a single thought to the dogs! Glad they're okay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Retired!

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier