Call Security!

 

Black is not the best color for Eddie, what with him being a black dog. I bought a hoodie for him. I don't think he is impressed. With his legs being so short, he had taken it off and climbed out of it when I turned around. He is not fond of clothes or accessories.

Dora, the exploring turtle continues to grow and develop her personality. She is in the hand of HeWho, and his hands are considerably bigger than mine. Awhile back I purchased some pellets mixed with dried shrimp. She does not like them. She has made this quite clear to me, but HeWho holds out hope that she will eat them eventually. They dissolve in the water and make it stinky and murky. She likes cabbage, but not lettuce. She prefers night crawlers to anything we have offered so far. As I write this, I looked up at her habitat to see the ever hopeful man in my life has given her more of the pellets she hates. Why? I do not know.

Her skin is coming off as she grows. The shell is molting, too.

But, by far the cutest thing I have ever seen is Bo in his jammies! Being long of leg prevents him from shedding his clothes. He has been a good sport about wearing it. Toni Louise and Eddie have matching jammies. Toni is still wearing hers, but has denied me the pleasure of a picture. She can be anti-social when she chooses.

When I woke early on the day of the proposed surgery, I didn't feel so good, but I thought it was the early hour and nerves about what the day would bring. This was just yesterday. I coughed a few times, but didn't think too much about it.

By the time we wre turned around and headed home I was busy worrying about my sister-in-law. so I didn't realize how much I was coughing. By the time the sun was making it's way to the other side of the world, I felt awful. My eyes were weepy and my nose was running, but the worst part was my headache. I downed some NyQuil and went to bed at 7:30 with my Eddie by my side. I was having chills and was pretty miserable.

The NyQuil did its job and Eddie and I were peacefully sleeping when the rest of the family came to bed. This is when I realized I was hurting all over. Mr. BoJangles thought it would be sporting to run up and down my body before settling in for the night. Toni kicked me in the head several times and I tried to maintain sleep.

I coughed on and off all night, getting up to dose myself with Mucinex and Tylenol. I woke in a pool of sweat, confirming the fever I though I had. I got out of bed at 7:30 and sat drinking coffee and coughing, waiting for the clinic to open. 

Saw the nurse practitioner and was tested for flu, Covid and RSV, got a shot for pain and came home and went to bed. The shot knocked the intense headache out, but I am still coughing. Turns out I have the flu and they called in the Tamiflu. 

I am still pretty miserable, but it could be worse!

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear you're under the weather, but at least you now know what the issue is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had the flu since the 70's! It hit me hard. And I am not as young as I used to be!

      Delete
  2. Dora is HUGE! And Bo is the definition of cuteness in his jammies. Poor Eddie. Those eyes say it all: "How could you!" Sorry to hear about your flu. Hope the Tamiflu does the trick and lessens your symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora seems to be growing by leaps and bounds. She will remain inside through the winter, but we will be making a habitat outside come spring. She needs more room to roam. We will dig a pond and line it to keep the water in and prevent her explorations in the mud. A short fence to keep predators out and I think I will cover the top with chicken wire. I don't want pitbulls invading her habitat, so I will probably go a step further and put a 4' fence around the entire thing. And don't forget, HeWho and his RING camera! Eddie is oppossed to clothing in any form. Toni just doesn't care as long as she gets a treat with the others and Bo finally figured out how to undress himself. He is such a clown.

      Delete
  3. With everybody being masked for so long, not many got the flu for a couple or three years, so now when you do get it, it hits harder, that's what our medical professionals are saying anyway. So sorry to hear it got you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being sick sucks. Maybe it was a good thing his surgery had to be rescheduled, the aneurism guy did you a favor. At least you can be sick at home instead of in a hospital waiting room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I was coughing, I would have been asked to leave!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

SHE BIT ME