Heating With Cookies

 


Took a stroll through my gardens. I planted early peas again, hoping for at least one meal. They have been growing and blooming.


And look! I have found 10 pods so far. I might get my wish.


While most plants have stopped blooming, this one just keeps going.


This begonia, too. The begonia has some special help. This is where the dirty water from Dora" turtle tank gets drained. It is some power stuff! Dora has started eating night crawlers! She has a discerning palate and prefers live food now!


Just as I expected, this will be the only gourd to harvest. It will be another year before it dries out completely and I can drill a hole to make a bird house.





There you see four babies, but they haven't grown anymore in the last month. The vine is dying, so they won't make it. Maybe next year will be better.



Getting ready for winter, we put safety treads on both sets of steps. Today we purchased insulation for the water hydrant. It occurs to me that we made it through last winter without any of this .... That was then, this is now.

The days are shorter and the evenings are cooler, but the days are fabulous. We are still waiting to hear about the leg surgery. I wish we would get this show on the road! I never called the opthamologist back after he was a no-show for my Saturday appointment. Cujo's death put that out of my mind. I think that I should choose another doctor anyway, but have decided to wait until after HeWho gets his legs fixed.

Right now, I think I should bake a batch of cookies. It will make the house warm without turning the heat on .... and we get COOKIES!

Comments

  1. Heating with cookies sounds perfect to me. I'm glad you have safety treads on the steps now. And you have peas! I love peas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love fresh peas and hope I get enough for a meal. If I don't I will end up adding mine to a salad or just eating them as I pick them. The older I get, the more I appreciate safety!

      Delete
  2. I don't like peas, but I DO love the safety treads! Our wooden steps to the garage get quite slippery. This year The Pony won't be here to break my dustpan trying to chip off the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I oredered them from Walmart and they weren't too expensive. They came with a little roller device to help secure the adhesive to the wood. Now that the sun has shined on them they seem to be stuck quite well. I love peas, fresh or frozen, but canned are disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some cut carpet pieces that would make good treads...they were at the Dollar Tree which is now $1.25

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies!! Woot! I loooooove peas. Grandson and I tried to get them to grow, but even at his young age of 4 he told, gramma, I don't think this is going to work. It was a bad garden year all the way around anyway. Maybe next year will be better, yes. // I wish there were safety treads at every door of our apartment building. That would be sooo helpful! // We grew over a hundred bird house gourds back in 2008... we had so much fun with those things, letting the grandkids paint them, we made so many bird houses... I still have 7 sitting in the pantry, just can't decide what to make with them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I want peas I have to plant them now, latest by December. Putting safety treads on those stairs is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier