Sweating, Mowing and Organizing

 With the weekend of visitors behind me now, I am back to my gardens and getting them ready for fall. I planted 24 mums yesterday, less than $1 each, thank you very much! I do love a bargain. I have high hopes that they will return next year, even though they were tagged as annuals. Our climate here is very similar to what it was in Missouri and they came back in my gardens there. We are not nearly as hot as it gets in a Missouri heat wave and that is okay with me! We haven't used the air conditioning in well over a month.

It was 46 degrees when I woke this morning. The air was crisp and I was forced to grab my warm furry robe as I made my way to let the dogs out. The forecast we get is from Atlanta and not necessarily anywhere near our actual weather. I donned long pants today before I went out to check my gardens and poop scoop my dog yard (an unnecessary task according to HeWho is not allowed to mow that particular yard). I trimmed the hedges by the fence and raked up all the debris from that before I employed the mower. I was warm, but not overly so. I finished the dog yard and then went on to mow our little patch of grass in the front and then mowed out beyond the fenced dog yard. There was a wonderful breeze as I finished my tasks and decided to take a rest.

It was then that I took note of the fact that I was drenched. My entire head was dripping and I pulled my pants off to find that they, too were soaked with sweat! It is only 69 degrees here! I might have to reconsider Botox shots to my sweat glands. More than making it stop, though, is the why of it. I have never sweat like this, in fact I hardly ever sweat as a child and was one to be on the chilly side when everyone else was comfortable.

No, I am not having hot flashes! That ship sailed 20 years ago. It is not an over active thyroid, according to my numbers. If that was the case I would be dropping weight like crazy and that is not happening. I am always happy when I remain the same, as opposed to gaining. I like to eat, although my appetite is small as I am older. 

Enough sweat talk. This evening I will mow the area around the She Shed. It has been steadily shrinking as I continue to add gardens. I will be happy when it takes less than 15 minutes to mow up there. 

I have to see the Opthamalogist tomorrow to determine when and where we will remove my cataracts. He apparantly does office visits on Saturdays. Maybe I should take Cujo along with me, as his cataracts are pretty bad! Alas, he is not covered under my policy. Too bad, we could recover together and commiserate about the nastiness of eye drops!

October is very nearly here and we will begin with various procedures for HeWho will have his leg arteries by-passed. I both dread and look forward to this. He will feel much better and be able to get around better, but the recovery will be mind numbing for me. He is not a good patient, tending to complain a lot and doing exactly what he is told NOT to do. I find that I am not patient with his demands, as they are non-stop. 

This should be a great time for me to spend endless hours organizing my She Shed. Who knows, I might even locate my silver wear and parchment paper!

Comments

  1. It's cold here in NE Ohio today. I doubt we got to 60! Must be the first or second day of fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is almost October. I know this because the Christmas departent is full of merchandise in Walmart!

      Delete
  2. The eyedrops part is why I have been putting off getting my cataracts checked, but I'm going to have to go soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a nurse, so you would think eyedrops would not bother me in the least. I can't stand anything in my eyes, which is why I don't wear contacts.

      Delete
  3. I just had my catarats removed. The surgeries were quick and easy and three weeks apart. I can't believe how clear and focused my vision is now. I look at the beautiful leaves and needles on our trees and feel like it's a miracle. I really hadn't realized how faded my vision had become. I too put off the surgery because of the eyedrop part. The nurse showed me how to lay flat, tilt and turn my head a bit and put the drop in the corner of my eye. It worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to be the one to tell you this but hot flashes never really go away. They may subside for a while but the bastards are not gone forever. Ask me how I know. I was the same, always cold natured, never sweated really, just perspired a little, until menopause when my internat temperature flipped. Now sweat rolls off me, soaks my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suppose this is where the term menoPAUSE comes from. I think it should be menoCEASE. If it ALL comes back I will be demanding a refund. For what, I am not sure! I have so much laundry to do from changing clothes several times a day. If I leave the wet clothes on and sit down in air conditioning I get chilled.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Bittersweet

Stories Better Left Untold