Martha, the Boy Cat Saves the Day

Cujo here. Things here have been crazy. Mom has been working outside all day and leaving us dogs in the care of HeWho is our Dad. I do not like this one little bit!

Mom was right outside the deck today in one of her gardens. I heard a dog barking. It wasn't me. I looked around, it wasn't Toni Louise, but she heard it, too. Eddie and Bo were sleeping, but they jumped up and we all quirked our ears and listened .... I thought I heard a yelp, then a lot more barking and it was getting louder!

I heard Mom call out to HeWho is our Dad and us dogs were at the ready! That barking dog was in our yard!! But, our Mom is not afraid of other dogs, so why is she calling HeWho is our Dad? This is certainly an unsettleing mystery!

Really, I do not know why she called HeWho is our Dad. It took him forever to get out of his chair and open the door. Us dogs nearly fell out when he finally opened it. I saw Mom and she did not seem upset or frightened. She pointed to the driveway and told HeWho is our Dad that he missed it.

Missed what? Dad wondered about that, too. "Did you hear that dog barking?" He asked "What?" She had to repeat it. Then she described the dog to see if HeWho is our Dad might know the dog's family. It was a white Pit Bull mix and the yelp I heard was Martha, the boy cat, making sure this white dog knew that he was trespassing. Martha was standing in the driveway watching the white dog run up the drive with his tail between his legs. Martha was not injured in any way and I am so proud of him!

While we were barking, HeWho is our Dad yelled at us to "KNOCK IT OFF"! What does that even mean? What is "it" and how do I "knock it off"? What is it on? Why do I need to knock it off? I hope it is not a bee, they sting!

He says strange things! He is not careful when he opens the door on the back porch and Bo got out twice today! He ran like the wind and HeWho is our Dad got really mad at him and told him he was a bad dog. But, he did not punish him! Bo was not at all ashamed of his behavior. HeWho is our Dad just went back to looking at his phone. He has no idea how to shame a dog!

Now, our Mom knows how to do this. She will talk to us and make us feel awful until we are hanging our heads and slithering across the floor to beg her forgiveness. Maybe she just has a special talent, I don't know. I do know that I do not like to disappoint her! Toni Louise is the only one who does not care when Mom tries to make her ashamed, but the rest of us dogs do.

Mom is ready for a shower and bed now, so I must be done. She does all the typing for me, as my fingers are like the rest of me .... very short.


 

Comments

  1. Yay, Martha. You and my Krueger cat would have so many stories to swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always an alpha animal in a pack. Oscar reigned supreme for 17 years and we wondered which one would take his place. It is definitely Martha. He is very protective of his space and his dogs!

      Delete
  2. Martha is a force to be reckoned with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny. That dog was no doubt headed to me, looking for protection! Martha make no sound, just glared at the dog, and he(?) turned and ran up the drive, looking back over his(?) shoulder to see if Martha was in pursuit. Martha stood his ground at the bottom of the drive, twitching his tail in the air and watching the poor dog escape. As soon as the dog was out of sight, he calmly sauntered over to me and wound through my legs, asking to be stroked. He likes to be picked up and held while having his head scratched, but he is heavy!

      Delete
  3. Martha would make a good watchdog or watchcat in his case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha IS our watch animal! We have not seen those feral cats that used to wander around our property in months! A neighbor caught one recently and was complaining that they are getting into his garbage (he leaves the bags in the back of his truck until he ready to take them to the landfill). We leave the catfood out on the porch and they used to come around and empty it. After Martha was injured in a fight, they stopped coming around. I wonder what injuries they sustained from Martha.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth