Best Weekend

 

Our very first visitors arrived Friday afternoon. My son came to see me! He surprised me by arriving earlier than he said he would be here and I have smiled so much since then, my face hurts!

It all ended too soon, but we have a fun packed hectic weekend. We ate lots of food, we laughed a lot and thoroughly enjoyed our time together.


More company arrived Saturday when the one and only sister of HeWho came to our humble abode. We were bursting at the seams!

We enjoyed a lunch at a restaurant called Grits and Greens. I was too busy eating to take pictures of our food, but you must take my word that it was excellent.

After a meal of gastronomic southern delights we headed to the ice cream parlour, of course!

At $6 a scoop, this better be good! I did not partake. Being lactose intolerant, I didn't think it would be a good idea, but everyone else loved it!

I am missing everyone now. My new great-granddaughter, Alondra was happy to hand feed mealworms to Dora, the turtle. Dora has been looking for her since they left. The dogs, too, as she was a frequent snack giver. I wish they were here longer. Two days is not enough! 

Comments

  1. What wonderful pictures! Lucky you! And nice that, THIS TIME, some calamity didn't spoil things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody sure looks happy! But I'm distracted reading the ice cream flavors on the wall! Guess I'm more like Dora and the dogs, focusing on treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They churn the icecream right there and we learned a good bit about the process. It is expensive, but I was told that it was really good ice cream. My brother-in-law is an expert on ice cream. He ate three scoops!! Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. they had one option for dairy free and I had a taste. It was Orange and tasted like that first bite, so fresh. But we had just eaten a huge lunch and I knew I would make myself sick, so I declined.

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear about your visits. Those ice cream signs are eye catchers. You look so good these days. That mountain air must agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't know if it is the mountain air or lack of stress these days!

      Delete
  4. Yes, that is me with my boy. His fiance is from Peru and speaks only Spanish, so her daughter comes with her to translate. I am learning to speak Spanish ... teaching an old dog new tricks! Thank you, I am quite proud of my crew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking bunch. How you crammed everyone in is a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tight! My in-laws stayed at a hotel in Hiawassee and my son and family stayed in the RV. The RV is small, but has three beds and a bathroom. This way some could shower in the RV and some in our shower. My son's new family fit right in, so it worked out great. When my youngest daughter visits, it might be more difficult. RV beds are shorter than regular ones and my son-in-law is 6'6" and my daughter is only a half foot shorter than him! Her son is 6'3". I do not know how we ended up with these long people! Maybe I should just get extra long hammocks and string them up in the trees!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bittersweet

The Half Tooth Lingering In My Mouth

Moving To A new House Would Be Easier